CHAPTER 19

The door opens at iniluwa si Xy at Alli. As they notice Szhen who’s sleeping at the bed they rush to walk in our direction. Lumapit si Alli sa kama ni Szhen at tiningnan ito.

“What happened? Is she ill? How was baby Szhen? Is she okay?” sunod-sunod na tanong ni xy ng makarating sya sa kina-uupoan ko at tumabi sa akin.

“She’s fine, the doctors said bumaba na ang lagnat nya at naka-inum na rin sya ng gamot. Sabi ni mama sobrang taas daw ng lagnat nya kaninang umaga but the doctors assured that there are no symptoms of other health issues, she is only having fever.” I assured them.

“Good to hear that, what had happened? Are you okay, Azh? You can freely tell us” Alli worriedly ask as she also sit at the couch, bakas talaga sa mga mata nya ang pag-aalala.

“Yuh, what had happened? Tell us” Xy agreed.

“Wayde’s grand mom was here earlier. I was surprise to see her, I thought Wayde’s family are in states.”

“Ano raw ang dahilan at naparito sya? Anong sinabi nya, Azh?” Alli curiously ask.

“I was confused also kung bakit sya nandito, she told me na dito rin daw sya nagpapa-check up but I bet, she’s lying. She also told me that she knows everything about Szhen. I’m afraid that she might do something to take my daughter away from me” I explained, while talking I notice my hands are shaking because of the nervousness that I felt.

“ What did she do? Did she hurt you or baby Szhen? She really said that? Alam nya na anak ng apo nya si baby Szhen? Did she planned to take your daughter away from you? Ang kapal naman ng mukha nya kung ilalayo nya sayo si baby Szhen” Xy throw me unending questions as her eyes circles, she is obviously pissed.

“No she didn’t hurt me nor Szhen but she left me with a warn that she will make sure to inform Wayde about our daughter and help him have his daughter. She states that her grand son has rights to my kid too.”

“What!? Is she really planning to take Szhen away from you? Hell no! Pagkatapos ng ginawa ng apo nya sayo, nasasabi nya pa talaga ang mga bagay na ’yan? Is she unaware what Wayde had cause you?” Xy complained, now she is really uncontrolable.

“Xy is right, Azh. Wala na syang karapatan sa batang ’yan pagkatapos ka niyang eh abandona at sumama sa ibang babae. Ang kapal ng mukha nya kung pagpa-planohan nilang kunin sayo ang anak mo. His grand mom is really out of her mind! Kahit kailan talaga ang kapal talaga ng mukha ng lola ni Wayde.” Alli agreed.

“Sinabi mo pa, talagang may pinagmanahan ang apo nya. That old lady is really getting into my nerves. Subukan nya lang talaga, I will lose all my manners.” Xy frustatedly exhale after she utters those word.

I’m listening to their rants when I notice baby Szhen move a little as sign of uncomfortness. I immediately walks towards the bed and check her temperature, her fever is finally gone. I also check her back if her clothes are wet, she is such a sweaty baby, she sweats a lot.

“Mamwa” she chided as she opens her eyes.

I gave here a sweet smile before I help her sit in the bed and put some soft pillows in her back.

“Yes baby? How’s my baby?”

“Mway hwead hurzh mwamy” she complained as she pouts and points out her head.

She’s so cute, I can really tell that she inherits her beautiful blue eyes to her dad. It always reminds me of him, one of his resemblance that I can’t hate.

“Oww, my baby’s head is hurt?” I replied as I check her head.

“Does my baby wants to eat na ba?” her blue sad eyes widen because of my question. Anak ko nga talaga, manang-mana ang katakawan eh.

“Yesh! Ay wyan't tho eat wamwam!” she exclaimed, imprinting excited expression and smile on her face.

Kung ganito ba naman ka cute at katakaw ang batang araw-araw kong makakasama, panigurado may mukbangan at buffet lagi sa bahay namin. Kaunting pa cute lang nito sigurado akong bibigay na agad ako o kahit na sino pang makakakita sa kanya.

I notice Xy stand in the couch and walk towards our direction as Alli also follows her.

“Azh, we will buy some food for Szhen muna sa labas” Xy offered.

“Ah, yes please, nakalimutan ko rin kasing magpa-deliver kanina eh, I was really out of my consciousness kanina. Could you buy some oatmeal, fruits and sweets for her?” I requested

“Yeah sure, no problem. I will also buy some foods for us.” Xy response as she gently tap baby Szhen’s head and fix her hair that covers her pretty round face.

“twita!” she exclaimed

“hello baby”

“Tara Alli, nagugutom na rin ako eh” pag-aaya ni Xy at naglakad pa punta sa pinto.

Pinisil ni Alli ang pisngi ni Szhen at hinalikan ito bago sila tuluyang lumabas upang bumili ng makakain.

“Tita Xy and tita Alli will buy some food baby so you could eat na”

My soft side really reveals itself when I’m talking to my daughter. I always felt like she is a very sensitive and lovely creature that would ever exist and must be protected at all cause. Nawawala talaga lahat ng pagod at iniisip ko sa t’wing kausap ko na ang anak ko, ni hindi ko namamalayan ang paglipas ng oras.

“howkey mwamy, zhen zhen hash tho weyt for twitas” she replied and lay in my thighs.

“Yes baby, zhen zhen has to wait for titas to come back”

“wamy, weyrsh mwamyla?” napabalikwas sya sa pagkakahiga as she realizes that her mommyla is not around.

“Mommyla have to go home baby so she could have some rest” I replied

Mom and Szhen really use to be so much attached from each other since mom is the one who is always with her, play with her feed her, and took good care of her everytime I have shots or I’m on my work. I really saw how my mom took good care of my child, she always spoils her and give her princess treatment, things that I never experience when I was so young. I grow up standing up for myself, defending myself and even taking care of myself. But i can really tell that being independent at a young age is not that bad though, look how I conquer every obstacles now, this is because I really learned very well on how life goes on and how life’systems works. But on the other hand, even though those obstacles made me stronger and bolder, I don’t want to let my daughter experience those things. I want to catch all the thorns and pains life will throw her. I want to protect her at all cost.