Twin Hearts

"It was an accident."

"It's easier for you to say that because the drunk driver is your father and you're not the one who lost her wife because of that accident."

"I lost my father in that accident too, Byul."

"You're right..."

"...maybe this won't work."

In the end...it was easier for her to let me go instead of her anger toward my father.

----------------------------------------------

Moonbyul's POV:

"What would you do, if you have one chance to turn back time? Where would you go? Who would you go to?"

When Seulgi asked me that question, my mind went back to Wheein, then to Yongsun.

I don't know if it was supposed to be a hard question. But I couldn't give a simple answer.

I didn't have any regrets with Yongsun. I loved her as much as I possibly could. I'd like to think that I treated her the best that I could.

I just wish that I was able to talk to her. I wish I was able to thank her for everything. I wish I was there to comfort her; or even just to be there, at her last breath.

I didn't even know if she was scared, or if she didn't know what hit her. If it ended in a snap or if she struggled in her last moments.

If I could go back in time, I would've just held her that day. I wish I didn't ask her to come to the party with me. I wish we could've stayed home. If I had known, we would've just stayed home. And I'll hold her safe in my arms, forever until my last breath.

But no one could've possibly known.

If there's one thing I've come to accept, it's that I couldn't have known. And there's nothing I could do to change what had happened.

But with Wheein...

There were a lot of things I wish I'd done differently.

I know I messed up. And that there was no excuse for how much I had hurt her.

They say a person experiences three loves in a lifetime. There's always the first, second, and third love. The first one teaches, and the second one hurts, while the third one sticks. These loves don't come in any particular order.

Yongsun was my first love. The love that felt like it couldn't get any better than this. The love we had was the love that taught me; the love that taught me everything I initially knew about love.

But if there's one thing I learned about love it is that: Love is not the same for everybody.

What might be right for one person could be wrong for another. Because we're all different people with different needs. And we all love differently - and that's okay.

So yes, Yongsun might be my first love, but she's also my second and third. Because she taught me, and her loss has hurt me, and I think it would stick with me forever; both the pain and the love. And it doesn't scare me anymore, because if anything; Wheein taught me that - as cliche as it may sound - there is always a rainbow after the rain.

And Wheein...Wheein is my rainbow.

And if I could get the chance to show her how I really felt about her, I would take it.