Broken

Moonbyul placed the flowers beside the box marble with Yongsun's name written in them.

I miss you today.

I'm not saying I don't miss you every single second of my life.

What I'm saying is that I miss you, especially today.

Today is our anniversary, did you remember?

Are you celebrating it there in heaven?

I don't even know if you can call this celebrating because aren't celebrations supposed to be happy.

But all I could feel right now is pain and regret, Yongsun.

I miss you, so so much.

Can you come down here and pick me up?

Anyway, this is my attempt at a celebration.
I almost didn't want to...just to see if you would come down here and kick my ass.

She laughs, she remembers how cute and scary, at the same time, Yongsun is when she's mad.

But I wouldn't risk it.

I would rather see you smile the next time I see you.

I didn't want you to think, even for just a second that I have forgotten about you, my love.

So I brought you your favorite flower and your favorite cake.

Do you like them?

She wanted nothing more than to see Solar smile at her, silently thanking her with a simple kiss.

She smiled sadly, knowing that the lingering feeling of Solar's kiss on her cheeks would forever remain as that: just a feeling, never a reality.

Then her mind wonders at a certain woman who she bumped into earlier, Wheein looked upset.

Byul thinks twice if she should tell Yongsun about it, but mentally scolds herself, shaking the idea from her mind.

I would've brought some wine too but I know you hate the taste of alcohol.

She chuckles, remembering the expression Yongsun makes whenever she playfully forces Yong to take a sip at her drink.

I didn't drink today too, or this week in general, are you proud of me?

I don't think I can promise you that I'd still be sober later though, because being here, with your name written on piece of marble- all I want is to drink my heart out.

I miss you so much, Yongsun.

You're my sun, you know that right? And now that you're gone there's nothing but darkness left in my world and I don't know what to do.

Please tell me what to do.

I know our vows said til death do us part, but what am I supposed to do if I still love you after that.

I still love you, Yongsun, and I'll love you forever so please just come back here.

------------------------------------------

Wheein didn't expect to see Byul at the bar after their accidental meet up earlier that day.

But there she was in front of her. Ordering a bottle of beer as if nothing happened, as if she didn't owe Wheein any explanation.