Meeting Luka.

"We're going to be a bit late tonight, Y/N. We left some money on the counter in case you want to order some takeout. See you, hon."

That was the end of the voicemail Y/N's mom left for her. Y/N was already on her way back home from school and the only thing she was really thinking about was what she'd order for dinner tonight. Since they moved, the L/N family hadn't had a chance to go out for groceries but even if they did, Y/N wasn't in the mood to cook anything.

As Y/N made her way back to her apartment, she had gotten distracted on her walk. She failed to notice the young man on his bike until he came to a sharp halt mere inches in front of her. Both he and Y/N looked at each other with wide eyes, unsure as to what happened. Of course, the young man was the one to make the first move out of the awkward silence.

"Sorry", he said, careful to not appear upset. "I guess I wasn't watching where I was going." The young man smiled softly. "I'm Luka Couffaine."

Luka Couffaine.

"No, that was on me", Y/N assured Luka with a sheepish grin. "I was distracted and failed to pay attention." She relaxed once he showed signs of being okay with the whole ordeal. "I'm Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you."

Her eyes flickered to his bike. There was a food delivery bag sitting nearly on the back seat. Her eyes widened as she remembered what she was supposed to do. Not to mention, she was probably holding him up from his next delivery.

"Oh-", Y/N stepped to the side, earning herself a confused look from Luka. "I gotta get home and it looks like you've gotta deliver an order."

Luka smiled at her, somewhat amused by her display of nervousness. Her being considerate didn't go unnoticed either.

"Thanks, Y/N", he said as he got back on his bike. "It was nice meeting you. Take care, yeah?"

"Sure thing", Y/N chuckled as she watched him get ready to leave. "You too, Luka."

With that said, both teens went their own way. Y/N went back to her apartment. Luka went back to making his deliveries.

Some time before dinner time, Y/N sat in the living room with her younger brother. While they watched TV, Y/N fiddled on her phone, looking for a pizzeria. Her focus bounced back and forth between the TV and her phone until she found a pizzeria not too far from the apartment. It wasn't long before she made the order.

It was just a matter of waiting.

The next 20 minutes went by quickly. Before she knew it, there was a knock at her door. Y/N got up from the couch and grabbed the money her mom left on the counter before rushing to open the door.

"Hello-", Y/N said as she opened the door, money in hand. She cut herself off once she looked to see the delivery guy- Luka.

What are the odds?

"Hello, Y/N", Luka said, the amused smile crawling back to his lips. "What a coincidence."

His tone was playful and light, not mocking in the very least. He found it funny that the girl he'd nearly bumped into was his last delivery of the day. It was also funny that she had that same deer-in-the-headlights look on her face. Of course, he wouldn't say it out loud but he found it amusing all the same.

"What a coincidence", Y/N repeated with a soft grin of her own. She took the boxes of pizza from him before setting the money in his hand. "Any more deliveries for tonight?"

Y/N knew she didn't have to drag the conversation out any longer but for some reason, it didn't feel right to just have the regular, awkward food delivery interaction with Luka. If he did have any more deliveries, then she would let him go on his way. Plus, he seemed like a cool guy and he didn't seem to mind the small talk.

"No, you're actually my last delivery", Luka said as he leaned against the doorframe. "I gotta head home but it was nice seeing you again, Y/N. It's not every day I get to deliver to the same person I nearly crashed into hours earlier but I guess there's a first time for everything."

Y/N winced as she remembered their first meeting. She laughed awkwardly. "Trust me, it's a first for me too." She was relieved he wasn't upset with her but for some reason, Luka didn't strike her as the type to become easily upset.

The moment between the two was interrupted by Y/N's younger brother loudly asking if the pizza was there yet. Luka chuckled as he took in Y/N's endearingly exasperated smile. At the same time, Luka's phone pinged.

A message from Luka's mom.

"Looks like that's my cue", Luka muttered before flashing another calm smile at Y/N who responded with one of her own. "Nice seeing you again, Y/N. Have a good night."

"You too, Luka", Y/N said as she waved him goodbye.

A/N: Who was going to tell me I've been gone for 2-3 years?! I mean, it shows in my writing but good lord, is it great to be back. The writing will get better, I promise.