7

this was it.

as soon as y/n woke up she brushed her teeth, did her skincare, and made sure to eat a not so heavy breakfast but something to give her energy. she didn't know why she was taking this so seriously but this was her first time going out in public and showing her talent- sober of course.

she also wanted to put on an outfit that looks good but not too uncomfortable to dance. looking through her closet she wondered what she could wear, many ideas went through her mind but nothing good came out of it. until finally she put on a simple shirt with loose fitting sweat pants and a cap. she also brought her headphones to listen to while she's on the bus and her bag to bring other things in.

y/n was about to leave until a notification from her phone stopped her in her tracks. 

yujin: come out, im driving. 

y/n was so grateful that yujin was driving her even though she couldve taken public transit. she quickly got out of her apartment and met yujin outside.

'y/n... you look good' she says hyping up her best friend. y/n just chuckled and hopped in. 

'yujin im so nervous, what if i accidently fall and break my leg or i just look bad in general'

'y/n calm down, you are going to do great and if anything those scouters are going to have their eyes on you at all time. trust me' 

y/n's stomach was feeling more and more queasy due to her nervousness, yujin taking one hand off the wheel placed her hand on y/n's shoulder. she wanted her best friend to do her best as possible so comforting her was her priority. 

after a few, they reached the area where they were holding the event. luckily it was a public event so no signing up for it. yujin and y/n looked as the many people who were there, and yujin spotted a scouter. the only way she knew was due to the clipboard and pamphlets that they were holding, yujin however did not tell y/n because it might make her more nervous than she already is.

a voice through the speaker echoes 'welcome everyone to the random kpop dance in public event! we will be starting soon so please make space for the dance thank you!' yujin wished y/n goodluck and went off to the sidelines. 

suddenly music started to play, the first few rounds played a lot of iconic yet old kpop songs mostly from second gen. y/n loved these songs but never really got to figure their choreographies until shinee's replay came on. she was the first to get to the middle where all the dancers danced and at first she froze, until she got a hang of herself and did the dance. before she was a little self conscious about her dancing but after a while she started to have fun with it. everyone cheered all the dancers as the song ended and more rounds began.

after a while the music transitioned into 3rd and 4th gen kpop, something y/n was more familiar with. they played songs from bts, exo, blackpink, twice, etc. and y/n was having such a great time. it was nerve racking at first because of all the people watching but once she started to dance it was like all her problems went away. 

the song ping pong by hyuna and dawn started to play and as much as y/n wanted to dance along she didnt have a partner. until some random masked guy pulled her hand and danced with her. people around them saw their chemistry and thought they were actually dating, but y/n could not figure out who this man is, for all she knows it could be a random stranger. as the song finished she asked who the man is. 

'hey ! it was nice dancing with you, i was wondering what your name was?'

'i think you already know' and he finally he takes off his face mask and..

'YEONJUN??' and she hugged the boy so tight.

he chuckled and hugged her back.

'im so sorry about my behaviour the other day, i was just scared you were off talking to other guys while i was away and i know we only just met but i really care about you and...'

'hey, i forgive you okay? and im sorry for walking out on you i was really stressed.'

the two made amends and went to dance together. 

many more songs played and y/n danced most of them, until finally her favourite song came. 

'멈춰 제발 멈추지 마

멈춰 제발 멈추지 마너 때문에 온몸이 타올라
너 때문에 심장이 목말라
Like a fever, fever, fever, fever
널 안고 싶어 널 안고 싶어' 

as if she was being controlled by another being, her body moved in the very front of the crowd dancing and she danced her heart off. the rhythm, melody, beat, lyrics, they all ran through her veins as if the song was calling out to her. it sounded stupid but this song controlled her brain. people saw the passion and fluidity of her movements, like she was water but also had amazing body control. 

unbeknownst to her, she caught the eye of many, like the people she wanted to see her dance. 

after all the cheers and the song was over, yujin and yeonjun pulled y/n aside.

'omg... i swear all the scouters kept looking at you'

y/n was sweaty and tired so it did not process at first until

'THEY WHAT??' she yelled while yujin and yeonjun laughed. 

and then a lady approached the three.

'hello! i was wondering how old you are?'

'im 19..' y/n replied hoping that would not be too old for the requirements knowing a lot of idols younger than her trained way younger before her.

'oh great thats perfect! we are looking for backup dancers for this specific kpop group im not sure if you've heard of them but if you would like to audition please visit the address on this card!' 

'thank you so much! i'll consider it.' she says hoping it didnt seem like she was too excited. '

after the lady left, y/n squealed so hard that others around her were giving them looks. her heart was on fire literally from the cardio and figuratively from the fact she actually got scouted. even though she was just a back up dancer y/n didnt mind because she just wanted to dance on stage. her dreams and passions were coming true and this was just the start.