23

"i- i never knew" y/n stuttered "i guess i was too focused on jake and everything else that i never checked my phone.."

she looks at the photo again, and it clearly showed her and jake kissing near her apartment. the time when she picked up her stuff and went to his place.

"yea im surprised they havent put him on hiatus yet" yeonjun said in a very careless tone.

so this was why jake was acting so differently. he hid this from her the whole time. she felt betrayed that he never disclosed the media warfare that was going on. she also felt hurt that he didnt just tell her straight up and instead acted cold. she looked down, not knowing what to do.

"well i guess this is my last dancing gig with enhypen"

yeonjun looked at the girl, knowing she was in pain. "hey, if jake really likes you as much as he makes it seem, then he will try to find a compromise between his career and you" he wraps his arms around her in comfort "i mean if i were an idol, i would try and find a way."

she looked up at him, trying her best not to cry, she smiled. "yea i hope so"

"im just shocked he didnt tell you sooner, dick move not gonna lie" yeonjun was protective of y/n, especially with jake. even though his feelings for the girl are long gone, he still cares about her in the way he always did. he didnt trust those idols, knowing they could easily use their fame to manipulate y/n. he looked down at her in pity, he missed those eyes, the ones that longed for him. what was he saying? he doesnt like her, right?

"im going to talk to jake about this" she said sternly. she wanted answers from him, from everyone. she wasnt worried about her job position anymore, she just wanted to get the truth of what happened, and what is going to happen in the future.

yeonjun looked at the girl, worried that her heart was going to break because of this. he couldnt stop her though, after all she chose jake over him. he let her go and watched as her silhouette slowly vanished from his sight as the darkness of the studio was all thats left.

deep down yeonjun still wanted her. even his closest friends know this, but he chooses to be in denial. it wasnt realistic to believe that y/n would run back to him. so he convinced himself he didnt like her anymore. however he subconsciously still thinks about her, her wellbeing, and how shes doing. but their relationship would never go back to that, at least thats what he thinks.

y/n made her way through all the staff that were getting ready to leave. they all gave her confused looks on why she came back, but she didnt care. she just needed to find jake. when she walked into their dressing room, jake was there laughing with jay, sunoo, and ni-ki, as if theres no care in the world. he made eye contact with her and for a second looked worried and sad, but he quickly looked away.

"we need to talk"

"not right now y/n dont you see im-"

"jake. why didnt you tell me about this" as she pulls up the article and shoves it in his face. sunoo, jay, and ni-ki, took that as their cue to leave. jake was in shock, he didnt think y/n would find out that quickly, or seem to care.

the truth of the matter is that jake wanted y/n to lose feelings for him first, so he acted cold. he didnt want to, but if she left him he knew it would be easier for him. unfortunately, this made y/n more determined on why she was being treated this way.

"y/n you dont understand" he tried to explain

'well clearly i dont because you never told me. why would you hide this from me? what did management say?" she said, spurring all these questions at once.