Chapter 34

Summer

My ridiculous giggles and Adam's deep chuckles lift some of the crazy hot tension between us, as I'm hauled upstairs, still over his shoulder. He kicks the bedroom door shut and lowers my feet to the floor, his hands gripping my hips to make sure I'm steady. I hold onto his arms, enjoying really any excuse to touch him, still in slight disbelief that he's here. The memories of the last time I saw him suddenly come rushing back, despite me desperately wanting to just stay in this moment, but I can't help it. That awful hospital room, the pain I was in both physically and emotionally, the hurt in his eyes as I pushed him as far away as I possibly could. I crushed his hopes and heart as I spat those horrible words, little did he know at the time that my heart broke into a million pieces as well.

"I... just...I can't believe you're really here. The last time... at the hospital...I...," the words get stuck in my throat as I look up at him, me wanting to say so much but not knowing how to start.

"Shhh... shhh, it's okay. We have plenty of time to talk... and we definitely need to talk. About everything. But...just not right now," his voice lowers into a deep whisper as he leans into me. Just before he presses his lips to mine, he smiles at me..."so just shut up and let me kiss you."

And who the fuck would argue with that? Not fucking me, that's for sure. He grabs my face and explores my mouth with his tongue and I welcome him with everything I have. Our hands roam around each other's bodies and I start to feel like we both have way too many clothes on.

Adam pulls away from me, sadly ending our kiss for the moment. His big hands rest on my shoulders as he looks down at me with a classic pantie dropping smile, which I'm so down for, just saying.

"Stay right there," he says with a grin.

I stand completely still, apart from my heaving chest, a bead of sweat trickling down the back of my neck, my lips feeling like they're swelling from our kiss and there's a little ittie bit of dampness that's only increasing between my thighs.

He moves to the side of me, both of his hands running across my chest and collarbone as he slides a finger under the strap of my dress and it falls off my shoulder. He moves around behind me, his hands never leaving my skin, sending tingles everywhere. He rolls over my shoulder blades and moves my hair, sweeping it out of his way. His breath on the back of my neck has me blowing out a deep breath of my own, my hands itching to touch him.  This incredibly slow circle he is doing around me is going to leave me in a hot, messy puddle. Literally. He presses a kiss to my spine and without a hurry in the world he lowers the zip of my dress. Down. Down. Down.

"Mia piccola ladra...so beautiful..." he says quietly as he grazes his lips over my bare back. Only one thin strap is holding my dress up and I'm vibrating with need and desire for this gorgeous man who has somehow managed to find his way back to me. Willingly. Of his own accord. He had every fucking reason to walk away from an unstable, convicted and incarcerated person, but after some months of silence, where I presume he was thinking about the consequences and options, he finally decided to fight for me. For us. And I don't think he'll ever know how incredibly lucky I feel to have him here, giving us that chance, to have it all.

He moves to the other side of me and I hear him take a deep breath before sliding the little strap over and off my shoulder, allowing the yellow sundress to fall to the floor around my feet. My chest heaves as he moves around completing the circle and he stands directly in front of me. He takes my hands in his and I step away from the dress and he leads me to the bed. He turns us and lowers me down until I'm lying on the cool bed cover with my legs hanging over the side.

He is fucking towering over me from this angle, looking even more handsome than ever. His eyes are fixated on me as he slowly pulls his shirt off with one hand, then his shorts are kicked off as well. He drops down to his knees on the floor and holy hell, I can't even fathom a coherent thought in my head. He peels off my panties and chucks them over his shoulder with a smouldering smile, and runs his hands up my legs, pushing them apart and positioning himself between them.