34. Hate My Heart

Queen of Kings / Ned Stark / Gendry Baratheon 

Avalon had a plan. When daemon came back, he always came back for her. Maybe that was the problem is because he always came back, and she knew that no matter how much time passed her heart still belonged to him.

So that handsome smile, when she saw him left her mind, blank of all logical thoughts, all the plans she had made. He had been gone a while this time.

" Hey gorgeous you miss me?" Daemon purred.

" I hate that I missed you." Avalon admitted. " because I love you so damn much it hurts."

~

"why does Viserys always get story time?" Daemon had questioned. "You know I have a much better voice than him too." Daemon added when he walked in on their nightly ritual.

"You have to make it a good story, Dae." Avalon warned.

"I guarantee it is going to be better than Viserys." Daemon told her confidently. Avalon always found it funny that her brothers wanted to compete for her attention and love, who the favorite was.

"Good on, impress her. I warn you, she only like dragon stories." Viserys told him.

"Are there any other stories?" Avalon countered.

"Alright," Daemon agreed flopping down on the bed he leaned against her and she laughed out.

"Daemon I cant breathe! You are squishing me!' Avalon declared and Daemon jumped up pulling her to his chest. She laughed out as he trapped her in his arms.

"A long, long time ago, in a kingdom far away-' Daemon began.

"Which kingdom?" Avalon questioned.

"Hush, no questions." Daemon told her.

"She likes to add her two cents to the story," Viserys informed him.

"To make it better, I like to know where it takes place so I can better picture it in my mind." Avalon told him factually.

"Far away, essos far." Daemon told her and Avalon nodded. "A witch took the daughter of the king on day-'

'What king? Grandfather Ja-'

'Avalon." Daemon declared kissing her cheek. "The witch took her to the top of a mouth, so icy and tall and don't ask what mountain, I don't know." Daemon told her avalon closed her mouth as she smiled up at him. "So icy and tall that no one could climb up and reach her at all." Daemon told her.

"Who sad. When are the dragons-' Avalon began but Daemon squeezed at her waist tickling her into silence. "That's cheating!" Avalon declared as he rested his chin on her shoulder.

"The king was distraught and he promised on his life the first one to rescue her could have her for his wife-'

'What if she didn't want him?" Avalon countered. Viserys glanced over at Daemon.

"Well..." Daemon thought about that.

"Yes Daemon tell Avalon what happens when a woman doesn't want a man her father sets up for her." Viserys agreed.

"Caraxes burns them for you." Daemon offered and Avalon laughed.

"That seems a bit extreme." Avalon told him.

"You want a story or not?" Daemon countered.

"Go on." Avalon zipped her lips closed.

''Each prince came and tried but alas and a wrought One step up the ice and they slid right back down. Then from out of the woods came a dragon breathing fire and flame. He melted the path through the ice and snow and he brought the princess down below.''

"Dragons!" Avalon declared happily.

''The kingdom rejoice and was happy once again until ups spoke the dragon and he said right then remember the king made a vow on his life and I want the princess now for my wife the king wept and wept but no matter how he tried the dragon took off with a princess for his bride.'' Daemon told her.

''I think that would be quite interesting marrying a dragon.'' Avalon told them

''And you would have little dragon babies?'' Daemon teased

''Well... How are babies made?'' Avalon questioned and viserys chuckled.

''This is a great story daemon. Really educational.'' Viserys told him.

''And the dragon took off with a princess for his bride in though he was ugly so ugly she cried her good little heart kept her there by his side.'' Daemon went on as he cleared his throat.

"You have a good heart." Viserys told Avalon.

"So could I marry a dragon?" Avalon questioned.

"I think a man would serve you better." Daemon told her.

"But boys are icky." Avalon told them.

"Am I icky?" Daemon countered.

"Well you two don't count." Avalon told him as though it was obvious.

"We are not in the ick boy category." Viserys agreed.

"Can I finish my story?" Daemon asked her and she nodded looking up to him again, he kissed her head. ''she cleaned up his house sold the bottoms of his shirt she washed and she ironed and she cooked his dessert and cared for him kindly and just every way and as soon as they were married a year and a day then as 12 o'clock ticked by the dragon stood with his head held high. Your kindness has broken the spell he said can you turn into a prince instead.''

"Dragons turn into princes!" Avalon declared. "Is mouse a prince in disguise?"

"Daemon...' Viserys groaned.

''It's only a tale of what happened long ago in a far away kingdom of the world you know. But all good people recall ever since that kindness can change a dragon to Prince.'' Daemon finished.

"Mouse is very handsome." Avalon remarked. "Not ugly at all, he might be the most handsome of dragons." Avalon told them confidently.

"He is very handsome." Daemon agreed.

"So he wont turn into a prince, because ive had him for years." Avalon realized.

"What would you do with a prince?" Viserys countered.

"I don't know. What do people do when they are married?" Avalon questioned. She hadn't seen her parents happy, her mother died giving birth to her.

"They kiss a lot." Daemon remarked.

"Boys are icky, I don't want that." Avalon assured him confidently.

~

Avalon hated her heart sometimes. She wished she could move on from him, but it was a bit impossible. Even though she had some fun with Rhaenyra. She knew that they're a little journey and experimentation would stop there. Because they had to.

Avalon wish she could go into a bar and find a tall, dark handsome man to make her forget Daemon. But her heart wouldn't let her move on.