53. For love

The twins had just turned nine when they found out that Rhaenyra was having another baby.

Avalon had given Daemon four beautiful little girls, their youngest had just turned 3, Amara was a mini Avalon, viserys and Daemon both thought so. She loved all the little creatures and had tea parties with her stuffed animals every day at high noon.

"You remember your tea parties with your stuffed animals?" Daemon recalled kissing Avalon's cheek.

"Of course I do, mouse used to be small enough to join me." Avalon agreed. "Speaking of mouse..."

"The girls are with him." Daemon informed her. "Zelda and wanda have their own dragons yet mouse is the best thing in the world."

"I agree." Avalon assured. "My first baby."

"A raven arrived for you, my lady."

"Thank you." Avalon said sweetly as she reached out for it. "Oh rhaenyra is pregnant again!"

" I wonder if this one too shall resemble our dear commander." Avalon gave her husband a pointed look. "What? Did I speak something that was untrue my beloved?" he mused.

"Hey dae. Do you know what happened to Laena Velaryon?" Avalon realized that years have gone by without ever thinking of her. She supposed it wasnt shocking. Sure avalon thought of laenor. He was rhaenyras husband. But laena sort of just left. For all everyone knew she was living happily at driftmark.

" well, I for one am not going."

" I can't believe you!" Avalon demanded " I go and visit them often because I miss them and I miss our brother and what are you do you stay here and hide from the real world. From her brother, who is sick from her brother who needs us."

" do you want to come to dragon stone just as much as I to get a way to not have the demanding expectations looming over us."

"Yes," she admitted " I didn't think we would be gone forever..." but the years had flown by they had wonderful girls to raise. They couldn't be thinking about everyone else's lives when they were focused on their own.

" I think we should go to the capital. The last time rhaenyra was pregnant Things ended badly remember? They end badly here actually. I want to be there and show my support for her."

" I will never understand your infatuation with her."

" says the man that years ago begged our eldest brother to let him marry rhaenyra?" Avalon sassed. Daemon sighed.

" yes well that was a long time ago and I was a bit drunk I wasn't thinking clearly." Daemon offered with a shrug.

" I think you were thinking just fine. Do you want the crown? You've always wanted the crown and I've never held that against you because maybe you deserve it but maybe you don't maybe none of us do maybe it's stupid to continue the line this way. What if none of us, Targaryen's are worthy of the crown? What if... What if none of us are meant to hold the Crown and the world just falls into ruins?"

" you have such a little faith in rhaenyra?"

" no I have a little faith in us as a Targaryen as a whole. I love our big brother, but you know, as well as I do he never really wanted to be king didn't have to suffer through wars not to be viserys the peaceful. And I'm glad. What do any of us really know about winning about conquering?" Daemon rose his hand. " you know a lot about massucuring the enemy I don't know that I would consider that the same thing." Avalon corrected honestly.

"Mama!" Amara declared and suddenly the mood was lifted smiles tucked there... They saw their littlest daughter, running towards them. Everything Avalon had said was true, but daemon didn't want to believe it, because he always thought he was destined for the crown. But marrying Avalon proved that he could put someone else above himself. He could put his own needs aside for love.