49. Feel So Nice

Daemon and Rhaenyra were staring, perhaps it more of a glare. Daemon had what Rhaenyra wanted, she wanted Avalon. Daemon had already set his claim on Avalon. 

"This is so nice." Avalon declared. Daemon's hand was on her thigh while she reached out touching Rhaenyra's cheek. 

"I want to stay forever." Rhaenyra remarked. 

"I dont think forever is a good idea." Daemon corrected.

"For however long we have." Avalon countered gently. 

Daemon didnt like that Rhaenyra was trying to steal his wife. Daemon wanted the crown sure but he didnt want to share Avalon. 

Rhaenyra however stared back at Avalon, so content but Rhaenyra hated that answer. She needed something more than that, something concrete. But the way Avalon said it reminded her of what she was going through too, maybe avalon was going through her own mental dilemma. 

The way Rhaenyra felt was not natural, was not approved on. She had a husband, Avalon had a husband. They were both wed with children. It was foolish to imagine a future between them. 

"I was thinking-" Daemon began. "Jace and the twins are the same age-"

"Daemon." Avalon warned. 

"We should betroth them." Daemon finished. 

"They are four." Avalon demanded. 

"So? He can have his pick, then Wanda or Zelda would be queen one day." Daemon corrected. 

"You make it seem like you are skipping over the next queen." Avalon corrected looking to Rhaenyra. Rhaenyra held her head high. 

"Yeah, yeah, but Wanda would be a good queen you can't ignore that." Daemon assured. 

"Of course our girls would be wonderful queens." Avalon agreed. "But I want them to find love like I did with you." Rhaenyra's heart broke. Avalon smiled back at Rhaenyra though. Rhaenyra's heart slowly mended itself back together at that smile. 

After supper the kids were tucked in and Rhaenyra was lingering outside Avalon and Daemon's chambers. 

"I think you should get going." Daemon remarked. 

"I think I stay longer." Rhaenyra corrected. "Uncle." 

"Niece." Daemon hissed. 

"Hello you two, whats going on?" Avalon questioned giving Rhaenyra's hand a squeeze. 

"Daemon wants me to leave." Rhaenyra remarked. 

"Oh but just got here." Avalon corrected. 

"It's been a moon." Daemon corrected. "OVer a moon."

"No, stay longer." Avalon assured. 

"I would love to." Rhaenyra agreed but she knew better than to anger Daemon. 

"What do you want Rhaenyra?" Daemon questioned. 

"I want Avalon." Rhaenyra remarked. Avalon smiled back at them. Rhaenyra moved to her holding her gaze. "I want memorize every inch of your body with my mouth. I want to find every place you like to be touched, every way I can make you moan. I'll bend you over the counter so I can fuck you just the way you want it." Daemon's jaw dropped as Avalon blushed. A long moment passed before Avalon spoke again.

"Very specific... I like it." She agreed. Avalon kissed her softly before moving to tend to the children, Rhaenyra sighed looking to Daemon, completely annoyed. 

"Sometimes I hate her but she feels so nice!" Rhaenyra grumbled.

Three days later Rhaenyra and her boys were heading off. Avalon hugged them goodbye kissing Rhaenyra's cheek. Daemon smirked from the balcony. 

Parting was such sweet sorrow.