74. Tribute

New Years Day / Roy Kent out now!

"So handsome you are!" Avalon declared hugging Aemond. "Oh sweetie, and look at you Helaena, so beautiful like your mother." Helaenas gaze shifted awkwardly to Alicent. "Aegon," Aegon smirked back at Avalon. 

"Hello Gorgeous." he answered. Avalon kissed his cheek. 

"A lot changes in a little year. I'm sorry I didnt come visit more." Avalon remarked. 

"Me too." Daeron agreed leaning into Avalon's side. She smiled wrapping an arm around him. Rhaenyra glared back at them. 

"You know our Avalon.' Daemon remarked softly. "She is impossible not to love." 

"I just wish she wouldnt...'" Rhaenyra growled into her glass. 

"Love the enemy?" Daemon pondered as the door opened. Viserys was carried in on his throne delivered to the table, his family rose out of respect as he was sat down again before them at the head of the table.

''How good it is... to see you all tonight... together.'' Viserys said looking around at all this children and grandchildren his Avalon. 

''Prayer before we begin?'' Alicent offered

''Yes.'' Viserys agreed as they held hands

''May the Mother smile down on this gathering with love. May the Smith mend the bonds that have been broken for far too long. And to Vaemond Velaryon, may the gods give him rest." Alicent said clearly before looking up at Daemon.

"No one likes Vaemond anyways, not even his own family, I'm sure the Gods will forgive the... unfortunate actions of today." Avalon offered kindly. Even her insults sounded sweet.

''This is an occasion for celebration, it seems. My grandsons, Jace and Luke, will marry their cousins, Baela and Rhaena, further strengthening the bond between our houses. A toast to the young Princes... and their betrothed". Viserys declared.

''Hear, hear!''

"Oh, that." Avalon sighed shaking her head. "I mean I'm sure they are lovely." She offered. 

"But they were the reason for Aemond's lost eye, recall that day?" Daemon questioned. Rhaenyra sent them a warning glare. "Best not to argue with Avalon, she's scary when shes mad." Avalon smiled sweetly. 

"I can't imagine aunt Avalon being mad." Helaena countered. 

''Well done, Jace. You'll finally get to lie with a woman.'' Aegon sniggered

''Let us toast as well Prince Lucerys... the future Lord of the Tides.''

''Hear, hear.'' Avalon rose her glass to that. But LUke looked nervously at her. He got sea sick on the ship ride here, her girls were more water born than Luke and Jace and little Joff. 

''You'll be great. You do know how the act is done, I assume? At least in principle? Where to put your cock and all that.'' Aegon went on.

''Let it be, cousin.''

''You can play the jester if you wish, but hold your tongue before my betrothed.'' Luke told him stiffly.

''Mm-hm.'' Aegon mused taking another drink. Avalon reached out and pinched his cheek. "OWW!" Aegon grumbled. 

"You used to be so sweet, what happened?" Avalon questioned. Aegon grumbled to himself. 

''It both gladdens my heart and fills me with sorrow to see these faces around the table. The faces most dear to me in all the world... yet grown so distant from each other..."Viserys told them solemnly. "in the years past." Viserys removed his mask with a thud it landed on the table. ''My own face... is no longer a handsome one... if indeed it ever was. But tonight... I wish you to see me... as I am. Not just a king... but your father. Your brother. Your husband... and your grand sire.'' Viserys said kindly. ''Who may not, it seems... walk for much longer among you.'' Viserys gasped for breath as his chest felt heavy.