27. Never Again

"You have been spending a lot of time with Rhaenyra." Viserys remarked.

"I love my niece." Avalon agreed.

"Has she mentioned anything about... suitors? Men of interest?" Viserys pondered. Avalon put Aegon down in his crib he whined reaching out for her.

"We don't speak of boys other than Daemon and Aegon." Avalon informed him honestly.

"You worry for him." Viserys whispered.

"I love Daemon." Avalon agreed. "I miss him, of course I'm worried, he is in a war at the step stones Viserys. I love him and want him home."

"Avalon..."

"No Rhaenyra doesnt care for boy yet. I could barely speak to boys, remember me as a child? I had a crush on a Lannister of all people and I could barely say two words to him without having a panic attack." Avalon remarked. "Maybe Rhaenyra-''

"Has no trouble tormenting boys." Viserys corrected.

"Well she got that from her uncle Daemon apparently because she didnt get my social skills." Avalon assured.

"Your grace-" Alicent stopped herself. "Hello Avalon."

"Hello Alicent, look at you glowing!" Avalon moved to Alicent hugging her. "How are you feeling? Do you need anything?" Aegon whined out. "I got him!" Avalon assured rushing to Aegon. He grumbled up at her annoyed that she put him down to start with.

"Can you carry this baby for me too?" Alicent pondered.

"I would if i could." Avalon assured running a hand down Alicent's back. "Lovely day for a walk, are you up for it?" Alicent nodded. "I'm sorry, I interrupted you were here for viserys."

"It can wait." Alicent assured eagerly.

"Dracarys." Rhaenyra whispered half heartedly, Syrax rose up though debating her words. "No, no, you can't fry Alicent... yet." Rhaenyra teased. Mouse moved to Syrax bumping against her. "You two going to do the nasty too? Am I the only one not getting lucky? I am unlucky in love." Rhaenyra decided. Syrax rubbed up against Mouse. "Let me get out of the cave first!" Rhaenyra declared running out.

"Wheres the fire gorgeous?" Avalon questioned when Rhaenyra came running out.

"Mouse and Syrax are having a date." Rhaenyra answered.

"Oh so sweet!" Avalon coed. "I want baby dragons. I remember mouse when he was a baby, oh he was the sweetest! He still is, little baby Mouses a batch of-" Avalon giggled out. Rhaenyra loved Avalon's smile, her laugh. "-Mice." Avalon squealed. "A batch of little baby Mouses'... MICE!"

"You are too much." Rhaenyra decided leaning into her.

"It would be adorable!" Avalon declared. "Besides we need another egg for this baby when he or she comes." Avalon remarked smiling back at Alicent. "Still hesitant to ride?"

"I'm not Targaryen by blood like you two," Alicent remarked. "It is not in my hightower genes."

"Sure, but its a good bit of fun in the air." Avalon countered. "One day I get you in the sky." Alicent nodded cautiously.

"I think I have lessons, Avalon walk me there?" Rhaenyra questioned.

"Do you not do lessons as queen anymore? Suddenly you know everything?" Avalon mused.

"I have a new... teacher." Alicent offered.

"Join us anyways." Avalon countered, shifting Aegon on her hip.

"Avalon I don't-" Rhaenyra countered.

"It will be do much fun!" Avalon declared.

It wasn't.

Avalon left for but a moment to get Aegon changed and when she came back Alicent was running out of the study and Rhaenyra was throwing her book out the window with a vicious throw.

"I missed the fun." Avalon realized. Rhaenyra moved to her hugging Avalon tight. "Honey what happened?"

"we can't be friends again, it just... it won't happen." Rhaenyra whispered.

"Are you sure? What happened? Maybe-"

"Can we not talk about her? I... just want you." Rhaenyra countered.

"Okay." Avalon agreed kissing her temple. "Lets go get some cake, that will make everything better. Carrot cake if we are lucky." Rhaenyra stared back at her as Avalon framed Rhaenyra's silver hair along her face. "I never jest about cake my dear and now I'm hungry."