guilt

Calum

I laid in my bed, about 6 days after the hospital incident. I felt super sick. The poor girl had woken up from a coma with amnesia and the first thing she did was grab my arm and tell me off. What a bad start. My stomach churned every time I remembered what happened. It was about 4 am at the moment, and I couldn't fall asleep. I kept thinking about what she looked like. I couldn't get her out of my mind for the past 6 days. And every day I felt sicker and guiltier.

Luke told me I felt sick because I felt extremely guilty. He said he knew what I felt. I think he's right, because the more I think about it being my fault, the more my body wants to throw up all my organs out. I stood up and walked to the kitchen to get some water. My feet made a weird sound as I walked on the carpet. I poured myself a glass of water and drank it all.

As I walked back to my room, I felt a wave of dizziness hit me hard. I fell onto my bed and watched the ceiling spin around. It was spinning around in endless circles. The spinning finally stopped as I fell asleep. I woke up seconds later to see the daylight bleeding through the blinds. I sat up on my bed, and a massive headache landed on my head. I stood up and walked into the bathroom. I showered and changed, then walked into the kitchen to eat something. The headache wore off once I took a bite of my third toast.

"Dude, you okay?" Luke asked me through a mouthful of eggs.

I grunted and shook my head no. I put my head down on the table as another headache dawned on me. I closed my eyes in pain, my head throbbing loudly.

"What's wrong?" Luke asked.

He must have shook me or it was an earthquake. I groaned as my head throbbed. There was a loud ringing in my ear, and everything felt like jelly.

"Calum!" I heard a faint yell.

The ringing was too loud for me to understand any of the other words he said. I felt someone, or a few someones, pick me up and put me on a bed. I rolled onto my stomach and stuffed my head into a pillow. My stomach felt like it was trying out for a national gymnastics team. The ringing in my ear didn't stop. My body was like melting jelly. My head pounded as loud as Ashton's drums. 

I cried into the pillow as I remembered the girl and what she must have been feeling like, not remembering anything. My entire body shook as I let out a loud sob. I couldn't stop any of the pain. It wouldn't stop. It felt like the worst day of my life.

Ashley

I scratched another tally with my fingernail on the table they served me disgusting food on. It had been six days since I was awakened. The nurses ignored me if they weren't serving me food, giving me water, reminding me which curtain the door to the bathroom was, or just telling me more about myself. I didn't have anything to do other than sit on the hospital bed, or eat distasteful food. The psychologist says that walking would help me, but the nurses didn't want to go walk with me, and I didn't want to walk around the hospital.

I wanted to remember everything so bad. I wanted to run around a beautiful plain with the family members I had. I wanted to be free from this stupid hospital. The nurses say I will be let out once I have a place to live, but I don't want to move in with an uncle I've never met. I laid back in the bed as I thought about the boy who had woken me up. He must have been living his luxurious life, being famous and all.

But I didn't need him. And he didn't need me. So what did it matter, anyway? Why was I even thinking about him?  He probably didn't care about how I was, or where I was. Or who I was. He probably didn't even remember me. But I couldn't stop thinking about him. I just cried into my pillow, thinking of how useless and unneeded I was in this world.