reunited

(Edited)      

Ashley

I could hear yelling on the other side of the wall. I cried into my pillow as the day went by. I finally stopped crying after a few hours. The yelling had stopped. I laid in my bed, trying to fall asleep. I eventually did, and I dreamed of what Past Ashley was like. Probably way better than how I am. As I was dreaming, I started to remember a past memory.

*Flashback*

He pushed the swing and I went higher. 

Higher. 

Higher. 

I laughed, he did too. The sun was setting, and He stopped the swing.

"Look, Ash." He said, pointing at the sunset.

We sat on the green grass as the sun went down.

"Jack, will you always be there for me?" I asked him.

He looked at me, with his twinkling blue eyes. His blonde hair flew in his face. It made me giggle.

"I will always, always, always, be there for you." He said, holding my hand.

I smiled, laying on his chest. He hugged me, and started to hum. I recognized the song, and felt the urge to sing.

"I should be over all the butterflies, But I'm into you. And baby even on our worst nights, I'm into you. Let 'em wonder how we got this far, 'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all. Yeah, after all this time, I'm still into you." I sang along.

I smiled at him, and he smiled back.

"I'm still into you." He sang.

I hugged him tightly, and he hugged me back.

"Ashley?" someone shouted from across the park.

Just as they said that, Jack dissipated. I sat there, wondering where he'd gone.

"Ashley? It is you?" A boy said, running up to me. "Why're you hugging the air?"

"What do you mean?" I asked him.

"You were just hugging the air, singing. I was watching you from across the park." He said pointing at a bench.

"I was with Jack. Didn't you see him? Who are you, anyway?"

"I'm Steve. From Biology class?"

"Oh yeah."

"But who's Jack?"

*Flashback End*

I woke up, confused. Just as I was about to stand up, I heard a rattling sound coming from the bathroom I slowly walked over to the door, and opened it. There stood a boy in all black, his blonde hair covering his face. He looked in my cabinet, throwing stuff out of it.

"Hey!" I shouted.

He looked at me. His blue eyes pierced into me, making my body shake.

"Who are you?" I asked, getting closer to him.

"Ashley? Is it you?" He said, his voice making the hairs on my arm stand up.

"Who are you?"

"It's me." He said, hugging me. "Jack."