new room

Calum

As they ate delicious Panda Express, I had to eat a salad because I was 'sick'. It didn't even taste good anyways. I ate half of it, and a few saltines.

"You okay, dude?" Luke asked me.

"Yeah." I said.

Then, my stomach grumbled, and it was really loud. The boys looked at me with amused and worried faces. I ran into the bathroom and threw up in the dirty toilet. I flushed the green muck and wiped my mouth with toilet paper. 

My head throbbed and my stomach ached. I washed my face and walked out the restaurant without telling the others. I walked all the way back to my flat. I couldn't feel my legs as I fell on the hallway floor. I hit my head hard on the floor as the hall started to spin in never-ending circles. Breathing got harder and I blacked out.

Ashley

They moved me to a new room. There was a curtain in the room, cutting it in half. My half was very small but the other side was the same size. I stroked a strand of hair that was in my face, sat in the empty silent room listening to the sound of nurses and doctors talk outside. 

They haven't found a place for me to live, and I've been given the choice of living alone, or living with someone else. My so-called Uncle who lived in Hungary was just some guy with my last name.

So I was alone. There was no family for me to turn to. I was the only one. Some life I woke up to. Maybe I could live alone. Maybe it would be better like that. No one to depend on. No one to be responsible for. Just me.

I pondered about the subject for what seemed like forever until nurses rushed someone into the other side of the curtain. I was tempted to peek, but I didn't want to get caught. They kept asking questions like: "What's wrong?" "How do you feel?" "What happened to you?"

I never heard an answer. Just groaning and whimpers. Soft crying started as the nurses left the room. I could just go over there and comfort them, whoever they were.