"when am i leaving?"

(Edited)    

Calum

I woke up without a headache, or a stomach ache, or any pain at all. The nurse told the doctor this and they said I was allowed to go once they checked that everything was okay.

"So, when am I leaving?" Ashley asked through the curtain.

"When you find someplace to live." The nurse told her.

Then she just stayed silent on her side.

"The doctor said you can go tomorrow." The nurse told me.

"Oh." I said.

The nurse went to the other side of the curtain and I could hear her trying to comfort Ashley.

"CAL!" Luke came running into the room, and hugged me.

He didn't have his crutches anymore, which meant he recovered fast.

"Hey." I said softly.

"Calum! You feeling better?" Ashton asked, while hugging me tightly.

I nodded my head as Michael hugged me tighter than Ashton did. Just as Michael let go of me, I could hear soft sobbing on the other side of the curtain.

Ashley

I couldn't hold it in. I just started to cry as I heard Calum's friends come in the room and ask if he was okay. He was lucky to even have friends, or people who cared about him. I was basically alone, and just the thought of that made me let out the sob I was holding back. Thankfully, it was soft, so I hoped they couldn't hear.

I could feel myself shake as I let out soft sobs. I stuffed my face into the pillow and cried. I couldn't hear anything but my sobs. I couldn't feel anything but the shake of my body and the dampened pillow. It felt like I could fill up the room with tears, like the room would flood. I felt a hand on my back.

It must be the nurse.

I sat up and I wiped my eyes with my hands, and looked up. It wasn't the nurse.