Bonus Chapter- Most newsies

Oh my gosh I'm so sorry if this chapter is crap but all you guys need to know is that the newsies strike of 1899 is very famous and the newsies time travelled to 2023. Sorry in advance :(

Race shuffled nervously in his seat. Despite getting ready an hour before the show started, the newsies still managed to be late, mainly due to Specs losing his shoe. They'd arrived about 5 minutes late, which was enough to miss a complete song, according to the person ushering them in.

The dim lights brightened, and someone ran on stage. They were wearing clothes that seemed like they were from the 19th century, and a newsie cap that hid their hair. Race frowned and had a closer look. Why would someone wear a newsie cap?

"Hey Albert, Nancy, Specs, Pigtails!" The person called out. Race could hear that it was a girl, but her voice was slightly familiar.

"Race. That's me an' Specs, ain't it?" Albert pointed out. The blonde boy was just about to reply when about four other people ran on. The boy in the front reached the girl first.

"Hey Race, papes ain't movin' like they used to. I need a new sellin' spot, you got any ideas?"

Race promptly fainted.

Mush leaned forward when he heard the girl's voice. It sounded so familiar- oh! It's Yong who's playing Race! Nicholas, you idiot.

"From Bottle Alley to the harbour, there's easy pickings guaranteed!"

"Try any banker, bum or barber, they almost all knows how to read."

"Jack!"

Jack was pretty surprised by his own appearance in the show.

"It's a crooked game we're playing, one we'll neva' lose. Long as suckers don't mind paying just to get bad news!"

The people writing the production script actually got his personality right. That was exactly what Jack would say to his newsies.

"How did you manage to keep this a secret?!" Jack asked his boyfriend.

"I actually just found out about this show yesterday," Davey informs him.

"Yesterday?!"

"Yep. There were still a few seats left, so I thought I would bring y'all to see how well they portray us-"

"And remember our legacy!!" Crutchie squealed, interrupting. "And our names!"

Jack burst out laughing. He was very glad his best friend still kept his smile that spread like butter and always spread sunshiny happiness even though Charlie was sixteen.

He sat back and enjoyed the show, watching every single scene.

"How'd you like the show, Albert?" Davey asked.

"It was cool! But Race fainted."

"HE WHAT?!"

"He fainted."

"We are going to the ER immediately."

"He only fainted for about two minutes! He's fine now!"

"911. What's your emergency?"

"DAVEY THIS IS COMPLETELY UNNECESSARY!"