꧁༺ 𝓐𝓵𝓶𝓸𝓼𝓽 𝓶𝓾𝓻𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓫𝔂 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓽𝓵𝓮𝓻𝔂 𝓴𝓷𝓲𝓯𝓮! ༻꧂

"..." speak

"..." think

"..."  telepathy

Recap: "Athy not!" I yelled

"That's your starfe, for the action at the lake." But before I could stop her, a piece of chocolate fell out of Athy's sleeve.

"Where did she get that from?" I asked myself, but before I could do it, the crumb landed on Claude's forehead. Holding our breath, Athy and I watched the Emperor's eyes slowly open until he met ours.

"What are you doing?"

In shock, Athy did the first thing that came to her mind to avoid losing her life. She put her hands down and started singing a song.

"S-Sleep thight.."

I just stared.

"Th-The Moon smiles down on you. Goodbye to the Day. The Baby smiles at the stars too. Tomorrow will bring a brighter morrow. So dream a pretty dream. And sleep thight my child~"

Claude and I just watched Athy silently. i knew this song Naturally. After all, Lily used to sing us this song to fall asleep. I looked at Claude. He just silently looked down at Athy, who had nervously finished her song. It seemed as if he was deep in thought.

"What did my face look like when my arms were up?" athy asked nervously. I looked at her.

"Pretty strange." I replied dryly. Athy said nothing, embarrassed.

"What was that song?" Claude and Athy asked and I looked at him. "A song to say goodbye to bad dreams." Claude looked at me. That the answer came from me must have surprised him.

"What? Doesn't this dude even know a lullaby?" Athy answered with an incredulous.

  "Everyone in this Empire has heard of it."

It was quiet in the room. I exhaled softly.

"Good morning/evening dad," Athy and I said together, giving him a bright smile.