The Last Ronin

A/N: This is "The Last Ronin" TMNT Comic book series, and I AM SO IN LOVE! I did want to make it into a fanfic, but I decided to write it in this version. I was deciding whether I should have Mikey meet a human girl during the struggle of his lifetime or have him rescue a child. 

Mikey should be in his 40's or 50's.

~

Year: 2040

The city was dead. 

Dead as if no living being could ever exist. 

Terror was striking in New York, and the foot clan had already proceeded to work ahead on the next task to destroy part of it by the Shredder's grandson Oroku Hiroto. They are running the city with meticulous fascism and totalitarianism. 

Fighting against the evil man and his clan was the only way to survive. 

Mikey was the only mutant living and without his brothers and father. He became useless. The thoughts of his brothers, who risked their lives to protect the city, were a never-ending nightmare for the poor mutant. He thinks about every day and night about his family as their deaths play with his heart. 

It was cold. 

Emptiness. 

He wishes things were like the gold holidays, but he can't return them. It would remain a memory for a lifetime after the harsh battles they faced. 

After his battle against the foot, the building he fought in was old and abandoned. Yet, he found out what their motivation was to do, and he took them down with no resistance. He fought each one until the building was left to crumble down. When he finished, he was about to head back to his place, but then he heard wailing sounds. 

Where is that noise coming from? The rubble?

Mikey slowly crept under the piles of rubble to find where the crying was coming from. He dug underneath, and the wreckage revealed a tiny baby covered in dried blood, dirt, and a scar. 

The mutant quickly tossed the broken parts of the building aside. He kneeled to scoop up the baby in his arms as they wail.

"There, there. It's alright." He shooed the little one in his arms as the cries died. The baby looked at the giant mutant with their watery eyes. 

Mikey scanned around to notice two people there were crushed underneath the rubble. They must've been the child's parents and got involved in the attack. The baby whimpered as he looked up at the giant turtle with quivery lips.

"Hey, no more crying, lil' dudette." Said Mikey in a soft, husky voice.

A memory hit his mind when he remembered a tiny kitten that he used to play around with during his teenage years. The kitten was young, hurt, and lonely, so he had to care for them before releasing them back into the wild. He returned to reality, and the baby nuzzled themselves close against his plaster while sucking their thumb. 

Soon, police cars were heading to the destination, and he had to flee. Mikey carried the baby in his arms, leaving the scenery to get to a safer destination. 

"I gotta do something, and that begins with you," Said Mikey, glancing down at your form. 

~

"Awe, she is charming." Said Casey, smiling down at the baby in Mikey's arms. 

Casey Marie Jones was April and Casey's daughter. She looks like a resemblance to April but has her father's personality through Mikey's sight. 

"Hm, a little too risky to keep a baby involved around." Said Mikey.