41. Yet To Come

Omg, for this chapter, just listen to this song because

one— it's amazing.

and two— it makes the chapter amazing xD

Just do it, don't question it.

Thanks bye.

Love y'all xD

"Smile" - Mikky Ekko

(Its like my favorite song ever— thanks bye again xD)

-

The next day, I didn't know if I wanted to wake him up or if I should just wait for him at twelve o'clock outside the hotel... either way, he would quickly figure things out... that was just what he did.

I tried to crawl out of the hotel bed, without disturbing Addison awake.

When my bare feet touched the floor, I felt like that was the one thing that managed to wake me up.

Almost as if a visual of what had happened the night before was just hitting me in the face at that very moment. And I couldn't just get myself to stop smiling.

It was simply impossible.

So, I had my hair tied, a fresh t-shirt on and was out the door before he even had his eyes open. The two of them were out as if they had no trouble sleeping... but of coarse, I did.

All the information that I was given the night before, was not only completely astonishing— but I couldn't even believe it.

My best friend...

All those years had feelings for me.

My pulse was racing just thinking about it.

I was bouncing on my heels while the elevator took me down to the bottom floor. I didn't have any shoes on, clueless and carelessly. And I walked through the hotel lobby as if nobody could see me.

When I stepped outside, I had my teeth in my lip— still feeling the butterflies from just the thought of the things he said to me. I'd never heard him talk like that to me before.

I knew he could say entirely sweet things and be easy-minded to tell me what was on his mind... but I never knew that something so strange could be said by somebody like him.

And what I didn't understand most, was why it made me so happy... did that mean that my decision was going to lead to a yes?

I was clueless.

Hell, I was more than clueless.

I was completely lost in my own head.

And I didn't even realize that until I was practically standing in the center of the hotel parking lot— bare footed.

There were clouds in the sky and the atmosphere smelled like burned out fireworks from the night before. And god, that night was completely amazing— not just about the strange things that Connor might've said... but because of all the things that I wanted to happen on that night when I'd been planning it for so long... happened almost exactly how I wanted it to.

When I moved across the parking lot and sat on the little dusty bench under neath all the evergreen trees, I had to step around all the dried fallen pine needles and I sat down with my head high and my hands in my lap. I crossed my legs and sat on that bench by myself. I figured that if anybody ever drove by and saw how happy I must've looked— they probably would assume that I was crazy.