42. Who Knew

As soon as we both walked into the hotel room and saw Addison in the little seat by the window— we both froze. We were thinking the same thing.

How in the hell were we going to tell her?

It wasn't like we were afraid of her opinion, but we both knew that she might react a little strangely, simply because she had obvious feelings for Connor. And by then, I felt kinda bad. Addison didn't seem like somebody who could easily handle something like that, but then again... I didn't know.

I almost didn't want to know.

I knew she would find out eventually... but the way her face would practically light up when he entered the room made it seem that much harder to realize that she was clueless.

"Hey, where'd you guys go?" She asked, dusting off the backs of her legs when she stood up off the chair.

"We went for a walk." Connor spoke up as if he was completely guilty of something. Then, shamelessly, he smiled down at me as if I was more than a foot shorter than him. I didn't realize how much taller he was until he was that close to me.

          And it'd been a while since I could just look him in the eye there would finally be nothing to feel bad about.

          "We missed breakfast," Addison said, dusting off her hands as well. Then when she was about to say something else, she glanced up at the two of us strangely. I guess she could make an assumption by the way we were looking at each other than something happened. And, at that point, there was no longer the guilty feeling in my stomach. I felt so different. I had no words for it, either.

          "What's going on with you two?" She asked, sounding playfully suspicious.

          And I could already tell how horrible of a liar I was by the way I shook my head with a cheesy smile on, "Nothing."

          "Nothing?" She asked, her smile fading a little, "did you tell her?"

          Then I played along, trying to hide how stupid I sounded, "Tell me what?"

          All I knew, was that I could never be an actress.

And Connor knew not to answer the question at all, "Anyone up for swimming?" He asked, carelessly and tossed a towel over his shoulder that he'd collected from the counter-top beside him.

          Addison just took a moment to gawk at the both of us strangely, "Sure... don't we have to start driving, though?"

          And Connor flipped one of his palms towards the ceiling as if he was unsure of himself, "Eh, we can drive tomorrow."

          While I just bumped him out of the way so I could get into the bathroom, he chuckled and I changed into my bathing suit. 

          I could hear Addison talking to him outside the door, but I couldn't understand what either of them were saying. The tone of Addison's voice wasn't as happy as it was when we'd first walked in, that morning. She sounded upset. But I didn't want to ask about the details. I had a general idea.

          I didn't understand why she felt so lost when it came to me finally haven't a secret against her and not one against me. Her and Connor had plenty... and now that we had one, it felt different. But she must've not wanted to agree with it.