18 | Sleeping in her arms

Taehyung's POV

I remembered how my consciousness had slowly slipped off as the car had rovered away from the event which had then turned into a massacre. And now as I was finally getting back to my senses , I felt the safety of my room where I laid alone.

I was aware how I had ended up like this . Gunshot and then many others under which one had hit me instead of Y/n. I had let myself keep on laying silently with the reassurance that she was alright.

It's been minutes? Or supposedly hours since I had gotten up but didn't really leave the bed . It felt frizzy , my vision was blurry  as I simply stared up at the ceiling and wandered into different things. There wasn't much to think about at the moment. My mind had stilled with the serene thoughts of my past flashing back and forth . It felt heavy .

Sometimes I loathed silence for this . It brought back many memories which in other times I would choose to not think about . The room was too quiet to my liking. Today I didn't hate that tranquillity though when suddenly I had missed my little brother. At times when I would randomly get hurt, that one guy used to stick by my side as if his elder brother would leave him if he didn't.

I used to get pretty annoyed . But now… I just painfully missed his presence, his sweet little blabbing words , his little brain working better than certain elders. I missed being the subject of someone's concern . Oh I missed my mother's nagging. If she was here today then I would have first received a slap for getting hurt and then would get smothered by her love.

My father would pretend to not care and say, "He's a man now . These are nothing." But would secretly take a concerned peek if I hiss out in pain . Silence filled me up with these memories from my past and allowed me to be a little delusional and imagine my present self along with my family.

Sometimes even a beast would need a little love. Right at that moment I really wanted to be loved.

Eventually I sat up with my emotions having gone hathaway and I could feel tears in my eyes. Bringing my palms I pressed them against my eyes and brought my elbows to rest over my legs while I hid my face completely in my hands . It was a way to deal with my overflowing emotions.

A sigh made its way past my lips when I again held my head up , eyes tired , body aching and yet in the midst of these came an urge to which I gave in . With a little effort I pushed away the duvet latching to my body and attempted to stand up . When I did so , I felt my limbs shaking. It might be because of the blood loss for which I felt so weak .

Nevertheless I didn't care nor would anyone. My senses were a little lacking at that moment, I could feel it by the way I was being so careless and yet my heart fluttered with the thought of visiting that one room .

The one place in my house where everything was kept untouched, just the way it was left by its owner. I didn't bother to wear my slippers and walked towards the door.  I felt like I was walking at a normal pace but actually it was quite slow . I realised so when I struggled to reach even halfway through my room without getting exhausted and the door opened from the other side already.

" Why are you already out of your bed ? " Y/n stood exactly six steps away from where I was standing , with a very visible frown . I tried to shrug my shoulders and immediately regretted it when the wounded part unleashed its unfathomable widespread pain . I wasn't exaggerating. Gunshots could be a bitch .

My one hand swiftly reached to hold the part where I was shot as my figure slightly hunched down. Beside all these I felt a familiar hold of her on me as Y/n attempted to lead me back to sit . But I didn't wish to dive back down on my bed . I had a better motto than that at the moment.