25 | Fallen trust

Y/n's POV

" So you are going to side with your dad now?" Hearing the distance in Samuel's voice only stirred more anxiety in me, making my legs shake . I couldn't feel myself exactly because of how cold and numb everything had turned into . " I am not siding with anyone." I uttered the words in a form of whisper as a mode of reassurance for myself.

Samuel heard it though. He heard it and sat beside me with his one hand wrapping around my shaking frame . I loosened a bit on receiving that contact but it was just for the time being . "Then tell Taehyung about it. You know you can trust him right?" Trust . My father's words rang in my head as a continuous reminder since the last time I talked to him.

" You will soon realise who Kim is . Not someone you can trust . "

"Dad will get to know if I did . He will kill mom." The fear in my heart gripped harder , growing the throb in there . My nightmares had returned, not allowing a single ounce of sleep.  There was definite evidence of fatigue and no appetite. The heaviness I had felt these few days was a constant partner of mine . Over that the stress of this whole situation was like a slow death .

" You are aware he wouldn't know. He told you that to make you afraid of him . " Samuel said as a defence of my previous statement. It only made me shake my head . I didn't want any logic thrown at me at the moment. There was so much on my plate to think and consider and there were certain truths I faced which I didn't wish to accept.

These very logics would force me to do so .
" He knew about Taehyung's previous plans. He knew Taehyung was going to burn down his estates . There's someone Sam . There's someone who's telling him about it ." Samuel sighed .

" Of course he would know , Y/n… Taehyung didn't hide his attack . He killed your father's men openly. Maybe not himself but his men did. Of course that hag will know that ." I huffed a frustrated breath out , standing up with a newfound fear within me .

Samuel followed my steps and stood still beside me . I wasn't looking at him but through the reflection on the mirror, his eyes were filled with empathy and understanding. " You can't trust him… " It wasn't a question, it wasn't a proper statement either. It was just a trail of words yet it made a sob wreck out of my gape so easily, making every wall denying that crumble .

" I can't trust anyone Samuel. I lost that ability a long time back… when I found out my father made my life so miserable just because of my gender , when I seeked help from one of the uncles who always brought me candies but later turned out he did those to get closer to me. I was so young…I was too young to be used as someone's object , a stress reliever. I was too innocent to trust my father like every daughter does . He used my trust as an object and broke it every time.  What did I do to deserve all that ? "

Samuel brought me closer to himself, hiding me completely within his embrace. His own eyes held tears as I sobbed in his hold . "It isn't like I don't want to trust him… Taehyung has done everything possible to gain it but… " I broke the hug and put a distance between us . My hand rose up to point its finger at my head and I continued. " It doesn't let me . My head fills me up with the worst scenarios ."

"  What if everything turns out to be fake ? What if he was doing all that so that he could use me for his revenge ? What if he gives up on me after I ask his help to save mom ? What if I become a burden? What if he regrets associating with me? I was the reason he lost his dad. I am the reason he has a weakness now . I never wanted to become his weakness… What if Taehyung hates me? "

Ironic how I had wished for Taehyung to hate me so that later it didn't hurt him much . But imagining the same thing was enough to make me forget how to breathe . A strange abandonment along with fear would grip me so badly that it would leave me as a mess. Everything was going hathway. The storm which raised so suddenly was sweeping every little thing in me which was fixed .