9 | A burning desire

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

In these past three days a part of me always displayed different scenarios in which I would meet my father . So it wasn't phasing right now to stand in front of Lee Jaehyun after all the preparations I had taken. My barriers were held high causing me to for once not cower away and look into those disgust filled eyes . " I see , Kim , you lured my daughter in ." His words were taunting, while his gaze were sceptic and the faked glory on his face was grave .

Taehyung stood quite calmly with an usual smirk which looked rather natural than sometimes. " Quite surprising , isn't it ? She was what my team was missing. " He turned to look at me as his smirk intensified and then faced my father again . " Now on her first day she left not a single man from your team , Lee ." Lee Jaehyun had a tough time holding back his jeering laugh while he kept on staring at me or rather my wounded hand.

His gaze lingered there long enough to make my skin burn till a cough racked through his throat and he had to look away . My father was judging me and I knew what had to come from his side next . He would rather downgrade me than let anyone's appreciation be my motivation. " She managed to be the only one to get injured even in this minor fight and you think she can get you anything at all ? I have known of her incapabilities for years , Kim . She will bring you nothing but headache and disappointment. "

Even after hearing these harsh words thrown at me from ages , I never quite got used to them . Rather put on a pretence that his words had stopped phasing me at all . Right now I was doing the same  , fisting my hands tight not caring how my left hand felt the pain shooting at the sudden compression. " There's no such validity that I can see in your words Jaehyun. Disappointment ? I don't feel anything near the word . Headache ? That was simply a result of your old-age. Get a scan of that thick skull , you might find the reason behind your stupidities. And… "

Taehyung brought his hands inside his pocket and his head tilted on his side with the familiar mischievous glint in his eyes . He was surely onto something. " She wouldn't be the only one injured ." He winked at me quite unbothered by the other presence surrounding us but that didn't welcome the shock in everyone's facial reaction. The gunshot which took over and the painful scream of my father was what brought out a gasp .

Taehyung nonchalantly blew the nuzzle and tucked his gun back in while my father was left a withering mess with blood escaping profusely from near his thigh where the bullet had been shot . " You don't know what the fuck you are bringing on yourself Kim !" His eyes were red shot, glistening with the pain . The warning had almost made me cringe because it sounded rather cowardly than intimidating.

" What ? I just helped you twin with your daughter." Taehyung shrugged his shoulders with the playful grin on , until it dropped completely and was replaced by the solemn look . "  Now she isn't the only one wounded here. While she fought through her pain , you are already on your knees , withering .  Who's the disappointment then ?" I was left quite astounded by Taehyung's savage statements.