24 | Paint me like a villain

( Play Hate you from the golden album while reading this chapter. )

Y/n's POV

The spark leaving his eyes , the unphased facade kept on even when he was breaking from inside , the one breath of sigh he had let gone was equal to countless howls of cries. Taehyung was lost between acting like a leader and being a son of a father who was wrongfully killed.

And I , I was the reason behind this whole thing. My existence was the cause , my father was the one who caused it . The single thought of how much I was related to Taehyung's misery was enough to break off countless goosebumps prickling on my skin with a shiver running down my spine.

It was all the negatives I could think of . What else did I give him?

Then as I held the phone pressed against my ears , while the ringing noise went on , so close yet sounding so distant, all I could see in front of me was a visualisation of Taehyung. He couldn't shed tears but he looked far-fetched . His eyes were always so lively , they looked hollow , empty during the funeral. They couldn't meet mine.

I found him struggling to look into my eyes . That's when my heart cracked as I realised how much our closure meant to me . I was not sure whether I was capable of loving someone ever . But Taehyung was important. A part of me. My aching heart knew that .

My breathing stilled when the ringing line died and a familiar voice spoke from the other side. The grip on my phone tightened as I heard my father's menacing voice , far away from any guilt lacing itself. " Y/n ! You remember your father now ?" Instead of culpability, his voice was rather a hint of a joke .

I could feel the spark in my blood , slowly starting to fume . " Why did you do it?" It was a single question whose answer I didn't wish to hear . But I asked him anyway because that was the only thing I could do . To talk to dad. To find out what he wants . To find a way to end this anarchy he had started years ago .

" Didn't see you calling me this soon daughter. Missed your dad ? " Yet there wasn't an answer which I received . I inhaled a sharp breath . Closing my eyes I uttered the next sentence through my gritted teeth . " I'm not in the mood to listen to your puns . Why did you do it ?!" I put more of an impression this time , my tone expressing the anger I felt .

"Oh ! Since when did we start considering what you want ?" And still my father's answer was a lingering casualty. Something which shouldn't be there , not when he killed so many people…Taehyung's father. Not when he burnt down a hospital !

Something snapped within me . It was the last string of patience and as it snapped soundlessly, yet it vibrated through me in a screaming question.

" WHY DID YOU DO IT ? WHY ? WHY DID YOU KILL HIS FATHER ? WHY DID YOU TAKE AWAY SO MANY LIVES ?! WHY ? "

I didn't realise I had broken down , tears smothering my face as I wailed out an angry sob.  It infuriated me and yet left me feeling so helpless when father still remained so unphased as he replied. " It's nothing I haven't done before . You have killed someone as well. Many actually. I expect our conversation to reach somewhere daughter."

I chuckled incapably , trying to comprehend what exactly to speak to gain at least something as a reaction from this man . It could be anger , it could be euphoria, it could be desperation , I fucking didn't care . I wanted him to react rather than playing like a lifeless dummy . " You killed his father…" My words trailed as I felt my heart twisting, remembering Taehyung's state again.

" You wish to kill your own father. " My father stopped with his own gasp interrupting him . "Isn't that a tragedy now ?"

My lips wobbled with the wallow of pain my heart held . It was too much to hold . Too much guilt . Too much anger . Too much .