4 | Partners in crime

" I cannot stop it dad… " a shiver ran past my spine , receiving the cold silence from my father at the peril situation

" I cannot stop it dad… " a shiver ran past my spine , receiving the cold silence from my father at the peril situation. " Fuck…." My resolve sagged down even more as the blood profusely made its way out from my shoulder where it was shot .

Pain was slowly dissipating as numbness was taking over . The blood loss was slowly becoming alarming, I could understand with the way my body felt strange .

But the only person I could depend on at that moment, was the most nonchalant . " Stop whining about it . There are other injured men here , do you see them mewling like a fuvking pu$$y you are acting like ? " His remark managed to agitate me more than it had ever done . His words were clearly inhumane , coming from a father with no sign of concern.

My burning anguish brought me to slide up myself, trying to sit straight, with one of my hands pressed against my shoulder, trying my best to stop the bleeding. " Then why did you bring me here when I am only capable of mewling ? You , the head of this group, pulled a female in front of you to take the bullet shot at you , rather than getting shot like a fuvking almighty man . Where did your courage go , dad ? Or were you always just this scared to di-"

His slap intervened my yell of words , making my face contort in more agony . His harsh contact had left another cut near my eye which came from the sharper edge of the golden rings he wore . That would add up to the stretch of other scars he had left near my eye before .

My visage only twisted to let out a wail when I felt my father edging nearer and pressing on the already bleeding wound . " What else can I use you for? Your mother was already an insolent bitch to birth a girl child as a first born . I shall use it now since she failed to produce more children . "

His hands slowly left my wound and rather let them grab my throat, pressing it harshly. " If I didn't have a hope to partner up Min by selling you off to them, I would have left you here to lose your blood and die . "

I heaved in a deep breath , feeling the burn in my throat as my eyes shot open. I sat up in an instant , with the bedsheet curled tightly in my grasp . Sweat coated my temple , as tears spilled out of my eyes out of control.

Certain moments in my life had been so horrible that they chased me even in my sleep . This was one among them which always managed to leave me with cold sweat and fear . I felt a sob cracking through my gape , making me almost wheeze for air. 

I brought my hands to trail through my hair . Some of them stuck to my forehead and some very uncomfortably clung around my neck . But more than that I felt the burning grasp there which I felt in the nightmare. By the time I was able to calm down my breathing, sleep was long gone .

Now what to do ? Realisation had already knocked on my doors when I snapped out of my nightmare phase . That this wasn't the same white walls where I used to live this long . I was in Kim Taehyung's grasp and then his last words came intervening in my mind .