14 | Nightmare & escape

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

The life of a caged bird is a luxury. It was brought up by humans , found the warmth of home , never had to go fetch for food and expose themselves to danger . It's something every other bird would ask for . They envy the little jittery creature singing in its sweet voice inside the house of silver it was gifted and kept safe inside the house of gold of the human .

The little bird imagined everyone would wish to live the way it was living. It could only imagine because freedom was something it had never heard of . The little bird could never hear the whispers of the winged creatures like itself, living outside, breathing the air of freedom while pitying over the caged one's misfortune.

A bird is meant to fly , but this little one was caught with monsters in the hideance of loving humans . None can hide it all along . The little bird got the glimpse of the heinous monster it was stuck with , soon one day and since then all it ever imagined was flapping its wings and flying far away from this hell. But all it could do was imagine .

I was sixteen. Leading an unusual life inside the room in my father's painfully huge house . I was allowed to step outside my room , join the dining table for lunch and dinner then was led back from where I had stepped out . In the morning when the dark sky would barely light up , I was scheduled to visit the training ground, before any other guys in the team . There I was supposed to train for an hour before moving back to my room .

My life started to feel like a prison. I felt it sometimes but accepting it was a great deal . Dad was usually harsh with his words and hands . It had become normal for me . That day when I chose to check whether my unusual feeling of being locked up was actually true or not , I decided to not follow my scheduled life . I didn't wake up early, chose to stay in and joined the training ground when others did as well.

Others were surprised but it wasn't havoc . I did my usual, asked my tutor to not turn up ( I was homeschooled ) saying that I wasn't feeling my best and lived my day the way I always wished for . The day went by quite easily and I started to believe that my feelings were wrong . That I wasn't prisoned . My father just preferred to keep me punctual and under a strict schedule . My heart felt lightened and I departed to my room happily.

Then when night came and I found my dad standing inside my room angry , I believed that he was angry because I didn't follow my schedule. I wasn't afraid of his anger that day because it was quite normal. He would yell at me or maybe slap across my face . The worst it might go with my father tugging onto my hair . It was painful but it was normal for a father to discipline his daughter right?

I smiled apologetically at dad and stepped forward to spell out a sorry. But I wasn't given a chance . I felt myself being violently shaken by the man ahead of me whose eyes were as if on fire with the amount of rage . He stopped at once and looked so dangerously close to me that I could again feel the fear cripple inside with my breathing going uneven.