23 | The break of havoc

Y/n's POV

The restaurant wasn't extravagant, causing a calm ambiance while warmth radiated through the candles which decorated the table where Taehyung and I sat across from each other .

There was a tranquil view inside with a chandelier hanging above our head , dimly lit but beautiful. The fire of the candles jingled while the tune of violin playing at a distance danced in the air .

Taehyung's eyes were on me , entailing his hopeless desires and true feelings. Mine were not looking into his brown ones as they held nothing but unsurety , fear along with a knot which was slowly tightening itself around my throat.

A part of me wanted to confess to him about the bouquet and letter I had received this evening. It was a small piece of black paper with white letters freshly imprinted. One from afar would consider it to be something precious, but the words forming one single sentence held the volume to infuse fear within me .

" Come back to me daughter, or else… "

The three dots after the warning wasn't to leave me in oblivion. My father knew that I was aware of what he was capable of doing. He would destroy everything within a snap of his fingers. Taehyung could do the same but… I was scared that he would get hurt .

I was certain that with one news of someone threatening me , he would cause a massacre himself. Dad wanted that exactly. For him to take a drastic step so that he could begin his own blunder . With years spent with that man , I knew one thing clearly.

Lee Jaehyun wasn't a man to sit back after his pride was stepped on . He was planning something big all along , just waiting till it was time , till there was a loophole . I didn't wish to let him have his chance.

" Something is messing with you." I hadn't noticed myself zoning out , looking directly past Taehyung. His voice brought me back to reality. I was ready to deny it but his words shut me up. " Or shall I say , someone."

" It's nothing." I succumbed into my seat with the dilemma whirling inside me . I had to plan something out to stop dad . But for that I needed to let Taehyung know. " Nothing yet it succeeded to replace me from your mind and got its ass seated. I'm offended. " He grumbled and it became physically easier for me to breathe more freely with a little lightness induced in my heart .

" You have your place reserved here . " My index finger poked my own chest while I confessed. " That's good . " He nodded his head , chin held up in pride and I couldn't resist the smile anymore.

" Shall we finish up with dinner ? I have got a surprise show planned for you." I furrowed my brows while munching on the pasta which I could manage to swallow, pushing aside the bitterness of turmoil I was facing inside .

" What did you plan , Taehyung?"
" You'll see ."

__________

With one swift turn of our car , the path taken ahead appeared too familiar suddenly. We had driven out of the gleaming city of Seoul and now fields surrounded both sides of the road.

As the car speeded, slowly a plot of land came in view . Ash brown with moses at the bottom edges had started to creep up the walls of the one storey condo . It had taken the form of a haunted farmhouse to be precise.

But the contents it stored inside was a treasure to Lee . Strange that there was none guarding the place tonight where my father stored his deals . Otherwise not a living being could pass the area . Drugs , weapons , bullets and a huge sum of his wealth. He believed that an abandoned unknown would be the safest place to store everything that made his business possible.