20 | The healing kiss

Y/n's POV

The following days that had passed after the morning spent with Taehyung were peaceful. I was slowly getting more accustomed to his presence in my daily life . And I was aware how Taehyung had secured a place in my heart as well with his silly tantrums, attempts to have my attention all to himself by throwing some annoying remarks or sometimes it would get exciting as he would sneakily earn a chance to leave his flattering touches.

It was just that but they felt more than enough. Sometimes he would simply leave me almost over brimmed with flooding feelings which were quite alike to butterflies in my stomach. Before I met this guy , I had always believed that this type of feeling was only possible in books . But the man Taehyung was , I never saw myself receiving the live experiences. Slowly but surely I had started feeling more and more for my present partner in crime.

It was alarming in some sense but mostly when we were together, we would go out of sense anyway.

In the midst of our short encounters and interactions, since the mafia boss was caught in the heavy folds of workload and leadership duty , today itself seemed to be an exception. Because when the clock had struck ten and the night was still young , I captured those enticing eyes on myself while I drank some water which I had come to fetch .

I had just started to take my health seriously and decided to follow a proper sleep routine which could possibly avoid the sinisters from invading my sleep. Nightmares were draining and something which could crush my good times . Hence I chose to do what I could to avoid them . Today , routine was most probably going to get kicked out of the periphery when Taehyung had stepped in so nonchalantly with a white shirt with half of the buttons undone along with a brown pair of pants which were creased.

Most probably because he had to sit through three meetings and crack deals with his new alliances . He wasn't as neatly dressed as he looked in the morning, but this careless, casual look on him even if it was a formal attire made Taehyung look more appealing. " Wanna have a drink together ? " The offer from Taehyung came without a warning. My answer was unplanned and without giving it much thought I simply replied with a "sure" .

But then some senses got knocked in my head and I decided to put forth a question. " You want to drink now ?" I even wished to add a question about why he chose me out of anyone but then Taehyung already answered my un-asked question. " I do . I had a busy day and now all I want to do is have a drink with you since others don't interest me ."

" I see. " I chose to keep my answer short since my voice wasn't something I would like to trust in moments like these where that asshole would flirt so smoothly and grin at me with such teasing glints that would leave me breathless. Yeah Taehyung was having me bad and I was letting it happen.

It wasn't like my brain had a say . The heart was leading the way nonetheless.

Taehyung proceeded forward and walked past me to the fridge from where he brought out two cans of beer . " So , shall we move to the pool side ?" I nodded as a reply. With a quick agreement, very soon I found myself in a side of the house where I hadn't been before. The swimming pool stood grandiose in front of me with the water holding the sparkling reflection from above.

The ceiling above us was built with glass exposing the night sky . A normal person would have admired the serenity of the sight and relished the moment but even a starry night was a bitter relation to my past . I couldn't help but gulp at the interventions of thoughts which I usually avoided .

" Y/n." Taehyung had seated himself down by the side of the pool , dipping his legs halfway into the water . When he called out my name , my eyes had quickly abandoned the view overhead and found him who had gestured to me to come join him . If it was someone else then making escape as my first choice would have been easier.