31 | Tempted by Love

Y/n’s POV

I was back here after quite some time . The whiteness of my room… the empty feeling at the pit of my stomach and the eerie silence which soon turned into fear. Why was I back at my father's house ? In my dismantled state , I took a run outside my room . The mansion was empty , dark , with my room being the only shine . But once I was out of it , darkness devoured me as the door slammed shut behind me on its own and disappeared .

There was nothing but the pitched blackness in my surroundings. I wasn't sure where I was looking at or where I was stepping until the chandelier suddenly lightened up and the dim lights were casted on a figure who stood right beneath it . He turned around and suddenly my path stood clear to me .

I felt myself taking desperate steps , slowly reaching closer to him . My face held a gleam of relief upon seeing him there with me in this place . He would take me out of here.  I trusted him . But my smile faded as I stood just some steps away from him . His eyes held not the love but the look of betrayal. Like they did that night…

And his chest… Taehyung's chest held the same dark patch of hue like it did that night… when he was shot and I failed to save him. Suddenly I wasn't approaching him anymore. Just the way I had dashed towards him previously, then I was stepping away with unstable steps until I met with someone behind and huddled down on my knees .

I didn't wish to look back but it seemed that my body was out of my own control. I looked back and found my father staring back at me . The same disgusting smile , the same bloodied hands which held a leather belt . My breathing quickened and unwillingly tears spilled out of my eyes . “ I'm sorry father… Please don't beat me. “ The plea came out on its own as an instinct as I found myself scooting back . My body shivered with fear while I felt the prickling sensation on my skin .

My scars burned , they were bleeding all over again and my father still held his smile . Whatever it was, I wanted to escape but my feet were shackled and I was left bare in the hands of my father who could torture me as he wanted . Wasn't fate too cruel to make me live through hell yet again.

I could only curse it wholeheartedly while I watched the approaching leather belt . I was prepared to accept the burning gash of it on my skin , I was ready to bleed and tend another wound until it all stopped . The belt halted , more like someone caught it in his hands before it could touch me . With the gripping fear in me , I looked up and for the first time I let out a breath while I was about to be abused by my father.

Nobody ever saved me from it until Taehyung came . He was hurt , still bleeding and yet he stood in front of me , guarding me , protecting me . And then he shot the man who caused me so much pain . My father was there a moment ago and then he wasn't. Killed . Gone forever. The relief I couldn't feel when I had killed my father , I could feel it then while watching him bleed out his life .

Taehyung kneeled down so that my eyes could abandon the gore sight and rather look at him . The pain in his eyes were gone , and as he held my hand and settled it on his wounded chest , I watched it slowly heal.  “ Hug me… please… please hold me till it ceases… till I forget my past and remember my present.. with you . “

I failed to hold back my whimper anymore. My skin felt like it was burning and my heart , it was aching all over again. The realisation that my past still haunted me made me feel even more miserable.

That was until I felt his hands slowly taking me in . The cold detached , the burning ceased and slowly my heart felt at peace when my head rested on Taehyung's chest and his hands slowly caressed my scars . “ I'm here , with you… and I promise I'll burn down everything which has ever hurt you.  I promise I'll save you every time you are chased by your demons… I promise to be your shining armour.“