29 | I am yours you are mine

Y/n’s POV

Winter . A season so pale and cold with a frozen surrounding.  A season which made a lonesomeness crawl inside my heart and shackle it. The bleakness of this season somehow coincided with how my life used to be. Lonely soul with a frozen heart . Harsh cold words and the thrash of leather belts which littered my skin . Winter was just that to me . Actually all of the seasons used to be so. Colourless and painful.

It had been a year since that had ceased . No more harsh words , no more painful hits from my father. It had all ceased since the day I burned that hell down. Nobody found the reason behind the sudden destruction of the Lee . Instead I should say , nobody pondered . As for law , they knew how notorious my father was . Upon his death , investigation took over just for the sake of it and stopped within a month silently.

News had flashed about the sudden fire in the middle of nowhere but not much was talked about it . After things settled down , I firstly found myself a job at a cafe while doing certain other ones on the side . After twenty five years of my life , that was the first time I was exposed to the survival game outside the cage my father had previously locked me inside .

To earn money, to live with different encounters and challenges . The biggest challenge was to find a place to live in. I did overcome it by overworking myself for a while . Till then I guiltily had to stay with Samuel although he was alright with it completely.

I could take care of my mother's hospital bill with my father's saved up money which was left behind. If I had to consider those then searching for a job wouldn't have been a question. But that money wasn't his own . I was aware how much blood smeared each amount.

So I used it only when it was very necessary and the rest was sent to different orphanage and old age houses . Those kids would be able to live a better life and the older people would have a peaceful time in their last stage of life . That itself brought a bit of peace in my heart . First time deciding things for me , becoming the guardian of my small family of two was hard . Sometimes I would feel so lost but at the end of the day my mother's tender smile at me while her arms would spread to welcome me in her embrace would put everything back in place .

Slowly, the season so pale started to have its own colour . The white snows were like the jewel to winter , bringing out the beauty it holds. My own house of cards was being built. Slowly but steadily.

“ Mom , I'm going to work . Stay inside okay ? It's going to snow outside again and I don't want you to catch a cold . If you need anything then call me." I said all that out while putting on my shoes in a hurry . Christmas was around the corner and the cafe I worked at was having tons of customers coming. Although I only had the morning shift previously, today I had to take over the evening one as well .

“ I should be the one saying this to you." I could feel her wrapping a scarf around my neck while she spoke . After fixing my shoes , I stood up and turned around with a smile on my face. " I can take care of myself. “ I gave her a tight hug, not forgetting to plant a quick kiss on her cheek before I hurried on to grab my purse .

“ I will be late today so don't wait for me . Have your dinner on time and don't forget your medicines . If you get confused then call me-"

“ Seriously Y/n , who's the mom here ? I remember and yes I will do as you said now just go ." My lips curved up into an embarrassed glee as I nodded my head .
“ Bye mom." I said and exited my home .

Outside was a mix of white and blue . It had snowed last day and it would be snowing harder today . At this rate I was forced to consider that summer is better. Then again, I would think of the opposite when the summer heat would make me sweat buckets .