16 | Make it better

Y/n's POV

Y/n's POV

In life I had always fought through challenges. Whether it be a physical fight or a mental one. Sometimes I had failed and mostly I had succeeded. The ones where I couldn't help but let failure take over myself, I had always had a way to get back into similar situations and made my way through it .

You could say that I had always had that much choice in my own life . Right now , as the velvety black cloth adorned my features with my flaws on complete view , I was preparing myself to fight my insecurities this time .

This time , completely different scars were going to get exposed with further different stories related to them . My fingers trailed along the aged wound which left a mark on my collar . It was quite a formed straight line where new skin had been born and left the area to stand out with its whitened touch to my skin .

As my fingers laid there to trace the line , to feel the unevenness of the skin , my eyes trailed down to watch the several little self-inflicted scars which were left behind on my thigh, quite an amount of my leg being exposed due to the slit present in the dress . I didn't mind them right now.

Because certain words from a certain person had made their way into my brain , were embraced in my heart . I couldn't really think of anything negative when all I could think about were his words and actions some days back .

" Now now , are you going to be the only one looking at yourself in the mirror or will you let me flatter you with my amazing photography skills ?" I rolled my eyes at Samuel upon turning to face the over ecstatic guy . " There's nothing to capture. I don't look like a diva . " Well… I looked quite… basic ? The dress was bold but that was it .

The makeup wasn't something overjoyous or flattering. I kept it simple. Samuel sulked relentlessly at my statement and dumped his ass on my well made bed as his figure jumped a bit due to the mattress . It was funny as a sight , helping my smile to grow wider as I took a seat beside him .

He was himself dressed up in a suit , looking as gentlemanly as he could. And his dazzling eye makeup added the extra gleam which Samuel always carried . The untangled brown curls on normal days were nicely brushed and placed together. He really looked amazing.

Our joking mood soon deemed down to a sincere one when an assuring hand was placed over mine while his caring voice spoke in a lighter tone . " Trust me bestie , you look gorgeous and you don't even realise that… " he trailed off which meant he would continue to speak further.

" But are you alright ? Comfortable in this attire ? Because you never preferred dresses which would flatter your skin a lot . " His concern was right and I could understand exactly what Samuel intended to say . The me from days back would agree to his words and say that she was forcing herself to wear something which she wasn't comfortable with .

But I wasn't uncomfortable today . This dress made me feel anything but that . So I happily nodded my head and replied to Samuel , "I love this look . It isn't uncomfortable." With a gentle smile he nodded his head back and looked ahead for a while .