Chapter 29

Inaya rubbed his back kissing the side of his forehead softly. She could feel his beard tickling her neck as he let out his tears.

As she was busy calming him down the door opened and she saw her mother in law coming out.

Feeling her movement as she was attempting to stand up he broke free. She looked at the lady in front of her, she looked warn out.

"Maa..ho..." She felt her thorat clogging up with tears, however she continued"how is dadaji?"

Sumitra aunty wiped her tears before lightly shaking her head.

"Weak...the doctors said he has less time left...he wants to meet you both"

Inaya felt her knees going numb, her eyes got filled with tears as she slowly looked back.

Aditya stood up after wiping his tears away and immediately walked inside dadaji's room without waiting or even speaking a word to her.

She gently pressed her mother in law's hand before following his path and going inside.

The atmosphere of the room made her want to leave immediately. Dadi was sitting on the rocking chair beside the bed asleep while dadaji layed on the bed all quiet and weak as if he had limited life left inside him.

She saw Aditya sitting on the stool beside the bed holding his old wrinkled hand tightly, hoping for him to hold on strongly to it.

She walked up to him staring beside his stool when dadaji slowly opened his eyes.

"Aadi...beta kaise ho?"

(Child how are you?)

"Dadaji please" she heard his faint whisper as he tried hard not to cry infront of his already weak grandfather.

His eyes then turned to inaya who was already crying while looking away trying to avoid his eyes.

"Inaya, beta aap kaise ho?"

She looked up to control her tears and gulped down a huge lump trying not the burst into sobs in front of him.

Wiping her cheeks she gave him a light smile before nodding lightly.

"I'm fine dadaji, aap..aap kaise ho?"

His grandfather smile while a drop of tear tricked down from his eye falling on the pillow below his head.

"Mai bhi theak hu beta...bs lagta hai samay ki Kami hai thodi"

(I'm also fine, I have have a little amount of time left)

"Dadaji pleas-"

"Sach se chup nahi sakte beta, I know I'm getting old...." He tried to sit up straight and Aditya immediately stood up adjusting his bed.

(The truth can't be hidden for a lot of time)

"Mai....'cough'..mai toh bas ye chahata hu ki tum dono khush raho hamesha."

(I just want you both to be happy)

He looked at inaya and gestured her to come closer. She bent forward as he put his hand on her head to bless her.

"Stay happy and blessed always and aadi beta inaya ka hamesha khayal rakhna"

(Take care of her always)

"Dadaji please"inaya whispered while tears flew down her eyes as she tightly held on his other hand.

She moved aside immediately when Aditya abruptly stood up and rushed out of the room. Just a minute later she heard his voice screaming out on the hospital staff and the room was suddenly filled with doctors and nurses all over again.