(Ch. 28) Murder After Midnight

-TWs- Murder 🔪 >:)

Eda POV

After the previous night's events, everyone was so tired they had fallen asleep on the floor. Eda was the first to wake up in the morning and had started making breakfast. 

Never thought I would be a mother of- how many now? I have so many kids I can't count them anymore.

Eda laughed at her thoughts as she was preparing Griffen eggs for everyone when her crystal ball went off with breaking news. Eda listened curiously and gasped upon learning what this emergency news story was about. 

"EVERYONE!!! WAKE UP!!! You have to see this!!" Eda yelled. After about a minute of everyone scrambling to join Eda in the kitchen, they all gathered around the crystal ball and listened the the broadcast. 

"This is Perry Porter reported at the castle. The coven doctors had recently reported about the Emperor's amnesia and in the middle of the night, some wild witches took advantage of his weakened state. This terrorist wild witch group known as 'The Readers'  literally blasted through the fourth wall of the castle and stabbed Belos in the head while he was unconscious due to his amnesia. The Readers left plenty of graffiti like 'The Readerz wuz here'  and so forth. Today is a sad day for the isles as we mourn our emperor. We please ask that all the coven heads report to the castle immediately to consult about what we should do." 

Everyone stared in shock at the crystal ball. 

"We must be dreaming!!" Luz yelled excitedly. "Right!? Right?!?!" Luz ran to get her confetti.

Hunter and Casper just sat in silence. Surprisingly Hunter felt indifferent about the sudden turn of events and so did Casper. Raine, Darius, and Eberwolf stood up.

"Technically we were never released as coven heads so we're gonna go to the meeting and tell everyone about the draining spell and show all the evidence and so forth. Hopefully, we can fix this messed up political system." Raine said and the three coven heads walked out of the house. 

Eda nodded and then joined Luz in throwing confetti around the room. 

Willow walked up to Hunter and hugged him. "You good Hunter?" She asked and he nodded. "Surprisingly I feel indifferent about it," Hunter responded. "That's good, it means you slowly letting go of him. Now let's go stop Eda from drinking all her apple blood." Willow said grabbing Hunter and Casper's hands and pulling them up from their seats. 

Hunter smiled knowing nothing could take Willow and this happiness she gave him away. Nothing. 

I told you we would get to murder Belos >:) 🔪

Don't worry this isn't the complete ending, we still have an epilogue coming next Friday :) 

Hope you enjoyed murdering Belos with me and breaking the fourth wall :D 🔪