Chapter 22

4th Destination: Kansas City, Missouri

About five and a half hours later, the Mccall pack finally arrived at the next destination, which was Kansas City, Missouri and as happened in the last stops, the pack found an abandoned place to put down their belongings and spend the night. After Malia parked the van at the back of the abandoned theater, they carried their belongings into the theater and sat on the stage for lunch.

At the end of lunch and as always happened, Scott divided the pack into two teams, one of which would go around the city and the other would stay in the theater taking care of everyone's belongings. In the first team were Scott, Malia, Theo, Isaac, Liam, Lydia and Stiles. The second team was made up of the remaining elements, which were Derek, Melanie and Alec.

"It's a shame this space is abandoned." Melanie said looking around the room they were in.

- We have to admit that of all the abandoned spaces where we've slept these past few days, this is the best.- Derek commented, lying down on top of the towel that the group had laid out on the floor, for lunch.

- And the most amazing thing is that this space manages to be even better than the motel.- commented Melanie smiling.

And so it was, between conversations, laughter and various snacks that Melanie, Alec and Derek passed the time while waiting for their friends to return to the theater. However, this did not happen, and about two and a half hours after the first group left that place, Derek received a message that made him get up from the ground.

"Is everything okay?" Melanie asked when she saw her friend's reaction.

- They found her.- Derek replied showing a small smile.- Scott sent me a message with the location. Let's pack up and put our bags in the van and go to them.

After tidying up all the things that were on the stage floor and after putting all the group's belongings inside the van, Derek, Melanie and Alec followed the directions that Derek's cell phone gps transmitted and about ten minutes later they arrived at a land that looked a little abandoned, except for some jeeps, which must have belonged to Monroe's army. After parking the van, the three of them joined Scott and the rest of the pack and watched the huge warehouse for a few minutes.

"And you're absolutely sure she's in there?" Derek asked.

"Yes, we saw her come in a few minutes ago and no one has left yet." Stiles answered.

- We were waiting for you to attack, but first I want to ask you to be very careful, especially you, Mel. We don't want what happened in Beacon Hills to happen again!- said Scott.

- I had already promised Isaac and I promise you all that I will be more careful this time.- Melanie replied showing a small smile.

Careful to catch Monroe and his group off guard, Scott and the rest of the pack advanced towards the warehouse and in seconds they were already inside the warehouse and face to face with Monroe, who was quite amazed to see the pack Mccall.

"How did you find us?" asked Monroe.

- We just had to follow in your footsteps.- Scott replied, showing the copy of the list that Monroe had.

- So it's because of you that we still haven't found any of the werewolves that are on the list. I should have known you guys were still going to give me a lot of trouble. You're that famous teenager who ran away from my men in Los Angeles, aren't you?

"Why don't we put this stupid conversation aside and focus on what matters?" Melanie asked looking at Monroe and her army of men and women.

- Melanie Rogers, it's so good to see you... I thought you didn't make it after the Beacon Hills attack. My condolences because of your parents, they were good people.- Monroe said showing a smile and then turned her attention to the alpha.- Where are they?