13 : I know somewhere

A/N: another short chapter but I love the ending 🤭🤭

The group landed outside of the Avengers compound and headed inside, as they started approaching the main area two people were heard talking.

"You have second thoughts?" A man said, he wasn't actually present in the room. It was a hologram of some sort.

"Not anymore." Another guy said, he sounded familiar to Yasmine but she couldn't find a name to match the face or voice.

The two people turned to the door as Steve opened it."Mr. Secretary." Steve said. The secretary walked up to Steve. "You've got some nerve. I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now." Nat comments.

"The world is on fire. And you think all is forgiven?" Mr. Secretary asked Captain America.

"I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight." Steve stepped down a step, getting closer to the holographic Secretary. "And if you wanna stand in our way...we'll fight you too." As Steve finished his little speech the Secretary turned back around.

"Arrest them..."

"All over it." The other guy hung up the hologram call. "That's a court-martial" he smiled.

"It's great to see you, Cap." He shook hands with Steve. "You too, Rhodey." After they shook hands Natasha went over and hugged Rhodey.

"Wow, You guys...really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple years."

"Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five stars." Sam said and Yasmine nodded, agreeing with him 100%.

"Uh... I think you look great." Everyone's heads turned to the new voice in the room.

"Yeah. I'm back."

Who is that..?

"Hi, Bruce..." Nat spoke.

"Nat..." The two shared a long silent stare. "This is awkward." Sam whispered, turning to Wanda, Vison and Yasmine.

"I know right?" Yasmine cringed. Wanda and Vision didn't agree though, they just looked as Sam weirdly.

#

Natasha, Bruce, Steve, Rhodey, Wanda, and Vision where talking about... something, Yasmine just assumed It had something to do with the Avengers.

"So we gotta assume they're coming back, right? Rhodey asked.

"And they can clearly find us." Said Wanda.

"We need all hands on deck, Where's Clint?" Bruce asked while turning to Natasha, assuming she had an answer for him.

"After the whole Accords situation, he and Scott took a deal. It was too tough on their families." Natasha said as she crossed her arms.

"Who's Scott?" Asked Bruce. "Ant-Man." Yasmine said as she sat in an office chair next to Natasha spinning around.

"There's an Ant-Man and a Spider-Man- also who even are you... Okay, look... Thanos has the biggest army in the Universe. And he is not gonna stop until he... He gets...Vision's stone." Bruce rambled on. Yasmine giggled a bit, she's been around the Avengers for a while now and almost no one knows of her existence.

"Well then, we have to protect it." Natasha walked closer to the rest of the group.

"No, we have to destroy it..." Everyone looked at Vision as the room went silent. "I've been giving a good deal of thought to this entity in my head, about its nature. But also, its composition. I think if it were exposed to a sufficiently powerful energy source, something, very similar to its own signature, perhaps... Its molecular integrity could fail." As he finished we walked over to Wanda, placing a had on her shoulder.

"And you, with it. We're not having this conversation..." Wanda tried to shut the whole idea down.

"Eliminating the stone is the only way to be certain that Thanos can't get it." Vision sighed. "That's too high a price." Wanda frowned.

"Only you, have the power to pay it. Thanos threatens half the Universe. One life cannot stand in the way of defeating him." said Vision, he had a very good point

"But it should. We don't trade lives, Vision." Steve agreed with Wanda.

Vision walked toward Steve. "Captain, 70 years ago, you laid down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me, why is this any different?" The android asked.

Steve took a deep breath, but before he has a chance to answer Vision, Bruce begins to speak.

"Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, me, the Stone. All of them mixed together. All of them learning from one another." Bruce explained.

"You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?" Wanda got a bit of hope back.

Bruce continued. "I'm saying that... If we take out the stone, there's still a whole lot of Vision left. Perhaps the best parts."

"Can we do that?" Nat Asked.

"Not me. Not here." Bruce sighed.

"You better find someone, and somewhere fast. Ross isn't exactly just gonna let you guys have your old rooms back." Rhodey warned them.

Steve paused."I know somewhere." he looked at Yamine as she was still spinning in that chair.

She stopped spinning once she realized what he was referring to. "You don't mean..." a smile quickly appeared on her face.

"Yeah..." Steve also smiled.

"What-?" Sam looked at Yasmine, then Steve.