Chapter 3

The wolf's breathing was in a peaceful rhythm so I guess it was asleep. But that didn't stop me from continuing my comfort for it. It also relaxed me knowing I was the reason this wolf was in a quiet slumber. I shifted a little because my butt was becoming numb. I very gently and very slowly placed the sleeping beast's head on the floor so I could stand. I made my way to my kitchen grabbing a glass of cool water with ice but when I was about to turn and walk back to Wolf, I saw it found me. I get the feeling this wolf is a boy for some reason but I guess it's just a dumb stupid guess. Like hell for all I know it could be a girl!! Whatever, Wolf's gaze caught mine and I placed the glass down and got on my knees, all with out breaking eye contact. I was in wonder about Wolf and I inched closer and closer to his face. I turned my head to the side a little whilst I placed my hands on his face. The was a glint of hurt in his eyes so I searched for where the pain was coming from and found it in his back left leg with a small but deep cut. I ran my finger across it only for Wolf to yelp in pain. I quickly stood up and rushed to a cabinet looking for our First Aid Kit. when I found it, I took out the alcohol wipes first. For a second, I saw fear in Wolf's eyes and honestly it was cute but it was gone when Wolf looked at me with an emotionless gaze. I beckoned for Wolf to come closer and he did, lying down so I could "examine" his leg. What I did first was clean the wound and re-opening it making it bleed a little but I still kept cleaning it so it wouldn't get infected. Next I searcher for the needle and thread I have in one of the drawers. When I found it Wolf looked so fucking scared I almost panicked because he looked like he wanted to kill me if I put the needle threw his leg. I gave him a sympathetic look and got back on my knees. I gently pushed the thread through the needle and tied a tight knot in the it and at the end. With shaky hands I began the procedure. I closed the wound an pushed the needle through Wolf's skin only for him to tense and give me a low growl. I ignored it though and carried in with the stitching of his leg. When I finished, I got a clean wipe and wiped away the blood that was there. I grabbed a gauze and placed it onto the stitching and put a bandage tight around it. Wolf was so calm during this and when I finished he stopped tensing and got up only to, yet again, fall back down. I ran up beside him and helped him up and lead him down to my room where he will stay for the next maybe 6 weeks or so to rest and heal up. When we reached the bottom, Wolf was yelping quietly and I started to gently stroke his fur again to help him relax and calm down. I lead him to my bed and made him wait before jumping on. I grabbed a few boxes so he could stand on and climb up the bed. When he got onto the bed safely, he lay down looking into my eyes with a thankful look. I smiled and put a finger up telling him I would be one minute. I bolted up the stairs and noticed blood on the floors so I grabbed a cloth and washed it away. Once I finished cleaning up, I washed the cloth and put it back under the basin. I went to the set of drawers near our back door and got two painkillers out. I know Wolves can't take tablets like we do so I grabbed some food like ham and turkey slices, wrapping the tablets in them. I walked back down the basement stairs and noticed Wolf was staring at me and saw the food and was about to get up but I shook my head. I made my way back over to him and put the food on the bed and watched as he ate it all. The wind was blowing gently against the wind creating calming sounds until there was a roar of an engine being cut off. my eyes flew open and a car door slammed and I guess Wolf noticed my sudden anxiety because he nudged his head against my hand making my flinch and jump away. Well this will be interesting if my father came down here and saw Wolf...