Chapter 23

"The Alpha is Nyon's. Leave her alive. He will be pissed if she ends up dead." Says the fox Alpha. He look back and forth to his betas who are standing and licking their chops behind him. "Kill the others."

The foxes don't even look back at the alpha. All at once, at least 30 of them, charge at my pack. My pack doesn't hesitate either.

"Attack when ready!" I howl as claws and teeth meet eachother in battle. "The alpha mine." I announce. My pack doesn't even make any comment. The attack without question and kill without complaining.

"I'm gonna give you quite a beating you little bitch!" He snarls at me as we circle eachother. Our heads are down and our movements are in exact sync.

The scene is horrific. We were in the only space that isn't full of foxes out numbering my pack. All around I can hear howls and fox taking their last breaths.

I take one spin around to check on my pack and they are all there. Sure a lot of blood is near or even on them, but no limp wolf carcasses.

"Try me!" I hiss back at him. He snarls at me then charges head on, no hesitation.

I leap for him and catch him in midair. Honestly if I was one of my pack members and my alpha did this, I would look totally awesome. It felt amazing too.

I pin him down and take a huge chomp out of the side of his left shoulder. Red, sticky, dark blood oozes out of his arm.

"You bitch!!!" He hisses as I jump off of him. "I don't care if you are Nyon's, prize I will kill you for this." He struggles to get back up. All his foxes retreat back to their alpha. Some support him, some give him compliments, some give him ideas what to do, and others just show their teeth and snarl.

"We are coming back for you and your mutts!" The alpha spits as he flicks off the help being offered from his betas. He limps away into the shadows. I do not take my eyes off the mysterious forest until I see him fully gone and disappeared.

"Well." Begins Kayla. "That was something, wasn't it guys?" She asks as I turn to face her with a serious face.

"This is no time for games, okay?" I say sternly. Not just at Kayla, but at everyone standing in a circle. "This means that Nyon is still out there and wants you guys dead."

"Well then we will just kick their fox ass again." Says Kayla trying to cheer everyone up from my scary speech. She looks around the circle to find nothing but unsatisfying looks. Even from Halo who is licking his wound on his left paw.

"He said they are coming back and I expect that he is being more foxes and Nyon will come back for revenge." I say. Kayla giggles when I mention 'revenge.'

"Kayla!" I yell furiously and impatiently. She flinches when I yell. "This is no time for games!! Why don't you guys get that?! We are at war as if tonight. We need to prepare!" I raise my voice. I take a deep breath in and exhale it afterwards.

"I'm sorry, Miyla. I won't do it again." She replies and lick underneath my chin in apology.

"I will talk to Blaez about training everyone. Even you Shurno." I say looking at Shurno for the first time in a couple of hours. He just nods and trots off.

"Get some sleep." I say heading back into the den with Tala.

"What kind of training Miyla?" Tala asks as we settle down and lay my muzzle on her ribs.

"Killing excersizes." I reply short. She looks back at me in fear as if she didn't expect that answer. She doesn't understand that wars kill wolves and foxes. She just need to accept that.