A poisonous Secret

Thank you Brennan. Thank you. You might just have saved the lifes of not only your sister but also myself. I smile slightly as i put the small booklet in my satchel under my art Equipment, which should be a good enough hiding place. At least for right now. Suddenly realization hid me like a thunder. Brennan was dead. Killed by the Great Betrayer, Xadens Dad, in the Tyrrish Rebellion  and i would never be able to see him, let alone hug him but he still had thought of us all before he went to war and left the best thing he could to ensure we would live no matter what would come . A book with all secrets within and without Basgiath, and everything we need to know to have a decent chance of survival. My heart swells, almost bursting, as i remember Brennan. His smiling face immediately appears in my mind, the dimples as visible as ever. When i was around 7 years old, i have had the biggest crush on Brennan and Vi would always make the most obvious jokes when he was around causing me to look like a tomato and Brennan to chuckle patting my head. I was never more then a younger sister for him. He was my first love. But eventually he left for Basgiath and my heart broke into thousands of pieces. I was left in the dark, alone, needing tto rearrange my heart myself. It broke like every heart would break when you're about to learn that the love of their life is going to a college where the opinions are either graduate or die.
I never had a relationship, let alone a situationship since. I spend my childhood waiting for Brennan to come back like a prince in shining armor, which i always loved in the fairytale books but that obviously never happened. I shove the painful thoughts away focusing on the present, keeping me and Vi alive , again.
If i would be able to find out mine and Vi's sparring partners in advance it would be easier for me and Rhi to train her accordingly or bring Emetterio to change them by volunteering. While i wouldn't struggle with my match, i still would prefer to let my wounds heal a little longer tho because that would lessen the risk of my scar riping. As i let the notebook slip from my fingertips to the bottom of the Bag, my hand graces yet another tome. I can't remember, i packed it, but as i pull it out the Headline "a Handbook of Poisons" makes itself visible on the dark red cover. Oh Brennan, i love you but i love your sister just as much right now.
It was the book from Violets room, i had taken into my satchel to make it easier for her to cross the Parapet and now my greatest weapon. If i would get to the Cadets, we would be sparring with, in advance and figure out how to get them to take the poison, without anyone noticing,  Rhi and me would be able to train Vi till she was ready to fight on her own and i would have a easier game. 
With that thought i finally fall asleep getting the rest i deserve and need after this eventful day, way to long day.

My sleep is restless. My imagination brings me back to the Emerald Coast, showing me the teary-eyed faces of my grandparents, which for one whole year will now think that i am dead or traded my save and cozy life for the streets and the danger, which comes along. It tears my heart apart and my chest aches at the thought of them sitting alone in front of the big swing in the willow tree, looking at the heart i caved into it with our first letters engraved deeply, to never fade away. I am a shadow to them. They can't see me. I am gone.
As my hand reaches for my Nana's shoulder to reasure her that i am fine, that i am alive and breathing ,it turns gold and vanishes into small particles which fly towards the sky, turning to stars on the horizon. When i look toward the ocean, I notice slow dark black waves creep torwards us. I want to tell them to hide, to save themselves, to run to the house but my mouth is shut and as i clamp my hands over it my lips are gone. My mouth does not exist anymore. Were it is supposed to be is just plain skin. Panick floods my system. My eyes pend back to the waves, which come closer like a tsunami but i can't run either, my feet are heavy like blocks of stone and then they crash over us. I loose my footing, as i fight against the darkness, till i loose sight of my grandparents, who get washed away lifeless. I am not able to hold onto them.
Finally I submit my body to the swirl of water, letting it pull me down till my lungs are close to imploding. I give up but-.
I CAN'T BREATH. I NEED AIR.
I gasp. I don't want to die, not yet. I CAN'T DIE! VI, RHI, RIDOC-.
Not now. I can't die now .
Violet needs me.
I can't.
Someone grabs my limp body and pulls it upwards towards the light.
I am pressed tightly against their side as they hold me so i don't slip away. As we break through the surface we both draw in the air. I look at the face of my hero. This lips, this eyes. It can't be.
No.
He pulls me closer then we already are and his lips find mine. He dominates my body holding us all by himself as we devour each other. The kiss feels infinite. Powerful.
Even as the cold darkness surrounds us he does not let go of me and the warmth radiating from his body is the only thing keeping me alive, keeping us alive.