Burning Tension

I've never slept as good as the last two days, in probably my whole life.
The knowledge that i had power over not just anyone, but THE Xaden Riorsen made me feel infinite.
On the other hand. I had also learned the he yielded Shadows. And that these shadows were stronger than i could've ever imagined, what was probably because Sgaeyl was a badass dragon. Tho I don't think i would ever find the courage to hide in the shadows again as long as i would live.

I had assigned myself for breakfast duty yesterday, before i went to sleep and had a long talk with Dain, over why i had picked the most annoying duty ever. To give him credit. I would've never thought about doing dishes and standing behind a counter to give out food if the circumstances were any diffrent but i had no other choice and the easiest way to give out little mushrooms, berries and leaves in hard or liquid without anyone noticing was through food.
This morning i had woken up before the sun had the chance to rise, using Brennans carefully drawn map to get to the room where the profesors discussed the sparring matches.
I was running terrible late, since i struggled with the dragon scale corset a little longer then usually and when i entered the room and slipped behind a painting, which hadn't been moved since Brennan was a student they had already started working on the matches and had paired Rhiannon with Liam Mairi.
I knew Rhi was a great fighter and experienced but Liam was the best in our year. He was a machine and possibly unbeatable. She would loose this fight, no other options there.
Hell even i would have had a though time fighting against the blond boy with the same relic as Xaden on his Arm. My own heated at the thought.
When i was in a save position I pressed my body against the cold, hard cobble stone wall, freezing in place like a statue, hoping that they would not notice my presence in here. I
But if one of them would glance my way, my hair would give me away in seconds anyways, the slight gold faint as prominent as ever.
Gladly noone did.
A numours amount of people were named, and for some seconds i felt Pity for the poor soul, which had to fight Barlow. Finally Vi's Name was called from a men i hadn't met yet.
"Violet Sorrengail and Oren Seifert"
Oh gods, i remembered Oren Seifert only because, i saw him yesterday hanging around Jack. But since i already knew who he was, it would be easier to poison him and i would've needed a way to find out who he was otherwise.
They continued and i wagly paid attention till my name echoed through the walls of the small, shielded room.
"I would like to give the young Tempest a bigger challenge in sparring. I know they start sparring with daggers and weapons today but last time she ended Imogen in seconds with a single kick. I like to add that Imogen is a excellent fighter in second grade and almost impossible to win against even for the third years. " Emetterio's Voice sliced through the silence and made the room even quieter.
That was so not good. EMETTERIO I TRUSTED YOU! My mind raced as i watched the group of people.
The other Teachers did not react, just looked at him with a "what the hell" grimace on their faces. They were confused and in thoughts because they definitely had similar opinions to mine. I had no intention of fighting anyone else then first years and they didn't had the plan of me fighting someone else either!. Don't get me wrong i loved a good challenge and as much, as i appreciated that they thought so highly of me. I still did got mended on Monday and was, at least so i read, not supposed to stretch the skin to much around the scars. I had already failed that point, when i climbed the tree but better taking care later then never, Right? RIGHT?

Kaori's voice reached my ears and i dared myself to listen, even though i knew i wasn't gonna like what was about to come.
"With all my understanding, you want a first year to battle 2nd and 3rd Years? I have overseen a sparring between the Riorsen Boy and Garrick once when you were away. As much as i would love to think that Deyan- Cadet Tempest is in the right condition to fight these incredible fighters. It is not uncertain that someone dies while sparring and it would be unfair to her if she had more experienced Opponents "
Thank gods someone in this room was in a right state of mind. Sparring with Xaden Riorsen? My dead, no other options given. Sparring with another third year... Not certain death but a low chance of surviving and if they were marked they probably wanted to kill me anyways so in total a low chance of survival.
"Letting her fight with the other first years would make it unfair in experience and technique for HER opponents. Her parents were both high crowned Generals, who knew how to fight, not to say that her Uncle is General Melgren. She knows how to sparr more then any other first and second year cadet. I agree that the third year's would be though for her to battle but she is to good, to fast and to experienced for any other cadet in this college who isn't a third year"
Emetterio challenged Kaori.
I had to hold a sarcastic laugh. I surley knew how to fight but beating half the college? No. I would not be able to do that. Let alone that i wasn't able to practice myself, since i had to watch out for Vi a lot.
Devera's calm voice silenced the both men in their arguments.
"What if instead of letting her fight a third year, we let one train her, Kaori you mentioned Riorsen and Garrick being the best fighters in Basgiath. They are surely bored of winning anyway and only have months left till they graduate. Let them train her and she will have a chance to build her skills and style. She is part of the future of Navarre. They all are. Someone with her Talent should get supported so she can perfect it even more.
The Riorsen Boy maybe might be a good fit? "