The Empyrean//Xaden's POV

Screams tore through the air as the cadets around us begin to yell and scream.
" Shit is about to go down bad" Garrick laughs, but I can't bring myself to join in, my eyes fixed on the Person who caused all this Chaos.

She looks like she is caught in a haze, her eyes not focused on anything a slight silver mist seem  to cover her view, only that there is no mist around us. Her body is tense and I see her trained body shiver uncontrollably. She didn't seem to notice though.

Garrick turned away to speak with Imogen but I couldn't bring myself to tear my eyes off the blonde woman standing in the middle of the field. Almost like a lost bunny.

Then, in mere seconds the Dragon of Melgren snaps towards in a speed that makes me flinch, as the Dragon aims for Deyanira's chest.

My heart scatters to the floor and my body seems to move from itself towards the golden girl, who seems likely to die in the next seconds.

Why doesn't she move? I curse internally watching as the sun alike girl stands glued to the ground, facing her death without a hint of fear in her face.

I wouldn't make it in time. I knew I wouldn't. It was simply impossible.
Shadows wave forwards like a lightning, threatening to swallow the world and I can't help but let myself embrace the power when suddenly the world stops and the screams of the cadets die down.

Arawn is towering in the Center right above Deya, holding Codaghs neck between his teeth making him seem like a rag doll between his massive jaws. One wrong move and the great black would kill itself without question.

I finally reach Deya and grab her waist, pulling her forcefully behind myself, using my body to shield her from her raging uncle.
My hand slowly wanders over my shoulder resting on the handle of my sword, my whole body feeling like it's bubbling with energy as power ripples through my veins.

"I am behind you" Sgaeyl snarls as I feel her presence next to Arawn who still keeps Codaghs head tightly between his teeth, ready to make the killing blow.

The whole situation is tense as the whole leadership sends stares of hate towards Deya, who peeks over my shoulder, her body leaning into mine only so slightly.
A yelp of Codagh rips through the tension and I can see fear growing in the eyes of the people I hate so badly.

"Is he going to kill him?" I ask Sgaeyl with a grin in my voice but she only responds with a dry , no, drowning my hopes in the depths of the ocean.

Deya shifts her weight, moving her body in slight motion to get around the wall my body provides for her. Before I can think my hands find her hips, holding her behind me with a soft gesture.

" Her friends are joining us" Sgaeyl informs me with a gentle touch in her snarl. And I have to fight to keep a smile from my lips.

I can tell she feels proud about Deyanira. In secret she liked her since the first day but she would yet have to admit it.

"Quite a hustle you've created here " Ridoc whispers but I don't dare to turn around to see Troubles reaction, keeping my attention on the leadership, wary about what they would do next.

"I swear I didn't plan on it " She laughs, well rather coughs as she moves away from my hand, which still rests at her waist. I let it drop to one of my daggers, missing the knowledge of having her save but also being happy that I had now one more hand to defend her.

The tension is about to break every second now when the ground starts to rumble.
"move aside" Sgaeyl commands and I move aside quickly as a loud growl makes Arawn drop his prey, not without snapping at it before again though clearly not taking the older dragon serious.