A Presentation and a final Gauntlet Run

I did not sleep well the last couple of nights. In fact I slept terribly and utterly awful. The bed I moved to on the very side of the hall was near the bathroom stalls and it was...well...bad. Violet hadn't talked to me either and neither had the rest of my former friend group.

I turned and squealed in my bed not wanting to wake up but the hard smell of chlorine was already all over the place causing me to stand up anyways. With a groan I swung my legs out under the blanket and rubbed my eyes with a yawn. I was the first awake since I was the only one having to endure this terrible smell. My body felt tired and heavy, lacking rest but I still forced myself to body to move. A unflattering pain hit my head which swept me almost of my feet, causing me to stumble sideways. With a groan I lifted a hand to my head. I should be around 1 am with the moon still high on the night sky. I NEED SLEEP. But there was no place in this way to pitch dark place, which would be secure enough to sleep in, with one exception..... No. I was still mad at him. No way I would come crawling to him after he gets embarrassed me in front of everyone. I sigh, as I wander through the dark corridors.

"Arwan? "
No reply.

I suck in a breath. I am alone. Still.
The corridors are cold and damp. And then I end up in-front of the shadow wielders door anyways.
I mean let's be realistic. I only have him left to talk to, though we usually don't like each other.

The door is right in front of me, the hard wood so near that I can almost feel it under my hand. I shake my head. As much as I can wish for a soft bed with strong warm blankets and maybe the body warmth of another certain human, I still can't do that. I continue my way and it leads me back into the main hall.

"Go to sleep, Golden one or I'll make you"
"Good morning to you too, my mighty dragon"
A low grumble fills my head, which is definitely mocking but he shields me out afterwards what somehow adds to my mental pain.
And so I let myself fall back on the matress, hoping I could catch some sleep.

Spoiler: It did not work and so I was the first at breakfast.
The breakfast hall was EMPTY and when I tell you empty I mean empty. It was freaking terrible. The disgusting made everything worse on top. I sat alone. Alone. Today the breakfast team had made oatmeal. It tasted like nothing and I wanted to leave it standing and just go back home. Leave all this and go because the cause of me going here: Violet hated me and I could do nothing about that but I was bonded. even if I wanted to leave Arawn would haul me back here because without training our bond was useless.

I swallowed the bitter tasting oatmeal as my gaze followed the laughing cadets entering the hall. Even if we all were instructed NOT to make friends, it seemed many had done so and I was never as jealous as today because I had no one except my grumpy Dragon.

"You bonded the strongest Dragon on this earth, don't make me regret choosing you by sulking in your own sadness. SHOW THEM WHY I CHOOSE YOU"
"They don't know you exist"
"They will worship us soon"

I rolled my eyes. There was no use arguing with a dragon, higher than the trees who could eat you without swallowing.
I chugged down the last spoon of oatmeal and turned my attention to the apple. Even though I felt like eating nothing. I needed the Vitamins.
I took a bite out of the apple but my body stilled.
That could only mean one thing and as soon as I lifted my eyes, I found his already on mine. He looked good in flight leathers but I assumed he would look good in anything if he really tried.
A Eyebrow of his raised as he mustered me. His gaze softened for a second some seconds as if he actually felt sorry for me but it was gone in a haze, his usual mask back in place. There where it belonged. His fingers moved to his chest, forcing my eyes to the object hanging around a familiar golden lace. The shell picked up the sunlight falling through the large windows, illuminating itself but some who wouldn't known the shell was there would not notice the small sparks of light surrounding the shadow wielder. It looked beautiful, mesmerising almost but I had to tore my gaze away as I remembered the Apple still resting in my hand, the red looking almost to red. The taste was sour but I welcomed it thankfully since it actually tasted like something. A light smile creeped up my lips and i took a deep breath regretting it soon after. I shouldn't feel all happy only for an apple. I could take a breath when I stayed alive through Presentation today.