6.A New Brother

Hunter was supposed to attend the meeting with the Generals, but he didn't want to, so he sent Sunset instead. She was always the one who argued the least when it came to the less-action-packed aspect of their job.

    Of course, he had no idea it was because she got to be with Obi-Wan Kenobi. Generals Windu and Skywalker were also there, as well as Captain Rex and ARC Trooper Jesse, all of them standing around the circular hologram table.

    So Sunset currently stood between the ginger Jedi and Jesse, her arms crossed over her chest while she listens in on what's being said.

    "We have more than a dozen active battlefronts on Anaxes, and we are losing nearly every one." General Windu begins, switching on the holotable to show a map of the planet they currently reside on. "But if Admiral Trench can no longer anticipate our moves, we now have the opportunity to retake the planet."

    "I can improve your chances." Echo chimes, barging in on the meeting. Sunset watched him carefully, knitting her brows under her helmet. Her brothers didn't trust him, and though Sunset didn't entirely agree with them, there was a part of her that was still slightly questioning where the cyborg's loyalty was.

    Rex took off his helmet, glancing at Obi-Wan. "Eh, excuse me, Generals." He says, straightening his back and walking over to his old friend. He rested a hand on Echo's left shoulder. "Echo, I'm sorry, but I just don't think you're ready for battle yet." He said concerningly.

    Echo shook his head. "I am not a liability, Rex." He responded. Sunset glanced at the armor he wore now, which was Crosshair's very first chestplate. It was white, but a red skull was painted on the left breastplate. It was the early development of Clone Force 99's personalized armor, back when they were still shinies.

    Sunset was reminiscing on so many memories from then. Her mind only strayed when Obi-Wan glanced over at her. He was stroking his beard, something he did while he was deep in his thoughts.

    "I'm the best chance we have to take back Anaxes." Echo continues, determination etched on his hollow face. Rex was quiet, redirecting his gaze, conflict in his eyes.

    General Windu adjusted his stance. "If the trooper has a plan, I'd like to hear it." He chimed.

    Echo looked at the Jedi Master, raising his eyebrows. "May I?" and with permission, he walked over to the holotable, plugging his scomp into the port. Parts of the Anaxes diagram began to change color. "While General Windu leads a team to retake the assembly complex, the Bad Batch will escort me into Trench's new comm vault, which, according to current intel, on this Separatist Dreadnought above Anaxes. Once I'm plugged in, I can feed Trench strategies, but this time, you'll know every move before he makes it."

    Sunset grinned, finding it amusing how aggressive Obi-Wan's beard stroking got. She bumped her hand into his, tilting her head ever-so-slightly. He dropped his other hand from his face.

    Mace Windu raised an eyebrow at Echo. "And you are certain that if we get you onboard that ship, that you can convince Trench's army to do what you want?"

    "Absolutely." Echo responded with sheer confidence. "Unfortunately, I've been doing this for a while, but this time I can help bring about a Republic victory instead of a defeat."

    General Windu nodded, immediately approving the mission.

    The meeting came to an end and Jesse trailed out behind Sunset, purposefully stepping on her heels with each step. It was annoying. "Do that again and you'll be missing your two front teeth." She threatened, turning around to face him.

Jesse chuckled and stepped on her toes instead.

Sunset gave him a warning punch in the stomach before running off to find her squad, who waited outside of the Marauder. "We've got another mission."