11.Galactic Empire

None of her questions were being answered.

Sunset flushed the toilet and turned off the sink after being sick, probably a combination of both her morning sickness and the near-paralyzing anxiety she was feeling. She was worrying for Obi-Wan. He was with his battalion on Utapau. What if he's dead?

The Marauder dropped out of hyperspace, making its way to the water-covered planet named Kamino.

Sunset made her way into the cockpit, her movements slow and quiet. She rested a hand on the wall for support, briefly closing her eyes while taking a deep breath.

"It's good to be home." Wrecker sighed, leaning back in the co-pilot chair. "How long has it been?" He asked.

Sunset didn't hear Tech's answer, her mind too wrapped up in her own worrisome thoughts to really care. She didn't want to be on Kamino. She wanted to be wherever Obi-Wan was.

"You got that right!" Wrecker shouts in response to something Echo said. It was loud enough to stir Sunset back out of her thoughts. She sat down on the floor, tilting her head back to rest on the cool metal wall.

Crosshair was staring a hole into Hunter, who had his head resting against the seat, his eyes closed to ease the headache he had. But he could feel the marksman staring at him. "What?" He asked, still keeping his eyes closed.

"You sure that Padawan died when he fell?" Crosshair asked. He still had his helmet on, and his rifle rested across his lap. It was...odd. Crosshair was acting odd.

Hunter opened his eyes. "Sure I'm sure. Why?"

Sunset wrapped her arms around her stomach, feeling anger rise in her when Hunter and Crosshair exchanged those words. Why would you kill a 15 year old boy for any reason? Where's the proof that he committed treason? And why was Crosshair so obsessed with it?

"Well, usually when someone falls you look down, not across."

Oh?

"Well, some of us don't like to watch." Hunter responded.

Oh.

When they entered the atmosphere of the planet, the squad found themselves being escorted by two ships. "Unidentified transport, transmit your clearance code."

Echo furrowed his brows. "Clearance code? Don't they know who we are?" He questioned.

Tech shrugged. "Must be a protocol drill." He determined, sending the code to the clone pilot.

"Authorization confirmed. Proceed to landing bay one-tac-one."

Tech landed in the instructed hangar bay and the boys stood up, ready to hang out in their room for the next few days.

Sunset still sat on the floor of the Marauder, working up both the courage and strength to get back on her feet. However, she didn't have to do it on her own. Hunter stood in front of her, looking down with a raised eyebrow. "You coming, Sunny?" He asked, holding out a hand.

She sighed, reaching up to grab onto his wrist. He pulled her up to her feet and they walked out behind their brothers, immediately catching onto the odd selection of clones gathering on Kamino.

"Shock troopers? What's the Coruscant Guard doing here?" Hunter asked, watching the clones in red and white armor walk by.

The PA announcer's voice rang overhead, "Level five lockdown remains in effect. Security teams report to the command center."