12.Battle Simulation

"-46498721347, your assigned medical droid."

"Ha! Told you he's alive!" Wrecker exclaimed as all of them made their way towards the bed Echo was sitting on. The explosives expert pointed at Crosshair. "You owe me two credits."

Crosshair shook his head in annoyance, moving to the other side of Sunset to get even further away from Wrecker.

"CT-1409's condition is stable." The medical droid says, moving to hover in front of the other five clones. "But I have some distressing news for the rest of you. According to your test results, you all appear to be genetically defective clones."

"What test results?' Sunset asked quietly.

"You weren't here for that." Crosshair answered, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I will leave you to process the shock of this revelation." The medical droid says before leaving the room.

Echo had his brows knitted together. "We've got a problem." He determined, moving sideways to let his metal legs dangle off of the bed.

Tech shrugged. "Not really. We're more deviant than we are defective."

Echo shook his head. "Not that. Admiral Tarkin's here. He's the one evaluating the clones." He revealed with his jaw clenched.

Sunset hummed. "Wilhuff Tarkin?"

"The same Tarkin from the Citadel when you, uh...how shall I put this?" Tech hesitated, stroking his chin while searching for the right words.

"Blew up." Wrecker said for him.

"And turned into that." Crosshair added bluntly.

Echo dropped his head and sighed. "Yes. And he's not a big supporter of clones."

Sunset shrugged one shoulder. "It's not like this is the first time we've had to deal with an anti-clone superior."

"We'll soon find out. We've been summoned by the prime minister." Hunter chimed, scolding himself as well as the ones who partook in the food fight.

"Guess he didn't find that mess hall fight amusing. But I sure did." Wrecker chuckled, placing his hands on his hips and nodding proudly.

Sunset sat down on the end of Echo's bed, exchanging a quick glance with the young blonde girl that seems to just be following her and her brothers everywhere now.

"Come on. Let's get this over with." Hunter sighed. "We'll see you in a little while, Sunny."

The boys started to walk off, but Omega ran in front of them, blocking all five of them from exiting the medical bay. "Wait. The fight was my fault. I'm going too." She determined.

Hunter shook his head. "Not happening. We'll handle this."

"But I-"

Sunset didn't understand why this kid gravitated towards their squad so much, but Omega was insistent on being around them. And in an odd way, she kind of looked similar to all of them, but Sunset most of all. It was Omega's eyes, something about them reminded Sunset of herself.

"Listen, kid. Our squad's nothing but trouble. For your sake, keep your distance." Hunter said sternly, raising an eyebrow at the blonde. "Got it?"

Sunset decided to just loosely follow after her brothers and maybe wait for them outside of the prime minister's office. She had nothing better to do. It would probably take a while for Obi-Wan to see her message, so Sunset knew she just had to sit back and be patient. Things would fall into place at the right time, right?