Part 10

Yunlan phoned Lin Jing to ask a favour and thank him for filling in for the rest of the day. Shen Wei was propped up in bed again and looked much better than he had been in the afternoon, it was almost tea time now and Yunlan had been with him all day. Lin Jing was watched as he walked along the corridor towards Wei's room and Yunlan knew that he had to make a show of him being a friend and not a foe, so he greeted him before entering the room and cuddled him whispering security cams.

"Good to see you to Yunlan, here are the things you asked for," and he kept smiling as he stared at Yunlan.

"Come and see Shen Wei, Lin Jing." and he put his arm around his shoulder, which confused Jing a bit more.

They calmed down a bit after they entered the room and when no one tried to evict Lin Jing, and Yunlan still took him over to see Wei and introduced him again, just in case he had forgotten him.

"This is Lin Jing from the office, he brought me some things from my house to wear, I'm staying here tonight Wei."

"Hi Shen Wei, do you remember me from the office?" Lin Jing asked him.

"Yes, bad tail." Wei replied smiling but looked at Yunlan with a question.

"Why am I staying tonight, well, firstly because I want to, and secondly because you need me."

Wei thought for a moment and tried to work out why he needed him overnight, and even Lin Jing could see the reaction starting as his colour faded from his face, and his hands started to tremble and Yunlan was over like a shot to hold his hands steady while Jing had stepped to the side,

"Wei... Wei... look at me, I'm not going anywhere, I'm here and I'll be here all night. Look Gelan has set up a lovely little bed for me over there, do you think it's big enough for my feet to get in?" and they both laughed as Yunlan stared into Wei's eyes and it helped calm him down. Lin Jing had realised that there was more going on here than Yunlan could say and waited patiently while the time passed with unimportant conversation until Shen Wei was settled down by the nurses with Yunlan sitting beside him waiting for him to sleep.

"Lin Jing... does your phone still have that game installed... because we could play it..." Yunlan asked, "What?.. Now?" he asked and Yunlan nodded.

Lin Jing brought out his other phone and switched it on making the room soundproof, no one could hear them speak, they could still be seen but not heard.

"Trust me, it's necessary. Wei has night terrors and it might have to do with this hospital or the guy who tried to kill him a few evenings ago. There are security cameras everywhere recording sound and vision, and the security is unbelievable. That's all you need to know just now, switch your phone back off... now. You win, I've never beat you at that game, just switch it off till next time. Thanks for bringing the stuff over, hopefully I'll see you at work tomorrow. I'll let you know."