Part 29

Black Robe looked across at Shen Wei with a strange sadness in his eyes that he rarely showed to anyone, except maybe Kunlun.

"Its time to go back My Lord. Tell him if you feel that you need to, the snake wouldn't mind, I'm sure, and he is Yunlan's partner, maybe it would be necessary for the future."

Kunlun knew that deep down the snake and Black Robe had been friends for a very long time.

Shen Wei arose as Black Robe approached him thinking that he was coming back to merge but he didn't, not yet anyway. He put his arms around Wei and hugged him tightly while talking to him in silence, telling him all about his friend the snake and all their exploits from the past until he reached the serious issues of what would be the cost of the bonding with Yunlan.

Shen Wei could feel himself becoming weaker the more he heard but the strong arms held him securely, stopping him from falling as he merged with the Entity while listening to the sad voice in his head, until there was only one person standing and he gave in and dropped to the floor. Three people ran towards him, Gelan checked his vitals making sure that he had only fainted while Kunlun and Lin Jing lifted him up to a seat, laying his head and shoulders on the table to wait for him to awaken.

"Would anyone like some tea or something, I can provide almost anything. Tea Gelan? Coffee Lin Jing? You humans need to drink something, its been a bit stressful for you to see all this, I'm sure."

The hologram was back trying to cater for the human's needs and he placed a full tea tray on the table for Gelan and a choice of coffee for Lin Jing.

"Who are you again?" Lin Jing asked.

"I'm the hologram, I'm a multi person holo, and I love theatricals, did you like my treasure collection, that was all my own work, Shen Wei allowed me freedom for that one."

Lin Jing remembered the gold, jewels and everything else and tried to forget while he chose one of the much needed coffees to drink and sat beside Gelan who was enjoying her tea. Kunlun was beside Shen Wei brushing his hair back with his fingers as he waited for him to awaken.

"You've been through too much in your short life already, maybe after this fate will let you rest before putting you to work again, my boy."

She Wei stirred and slowly opening his eyes, he remembered where he was and sat up quickly, lifting his arm to stare at the whip securely wrapped around it.

"Yes he's still there, but take your time in moving, the Entity has never joined in that way before, you might be a little dizzy, Yunlan's condition has not changed, rushing off won't make a difference, settle your own body first, holo can give you an energy drink." Kunlun suggested and the hologram brought one over for him.

At the hospital Da Qing sat beside Yunlan, called in to take over when Lin Jing had to leave suddenly but never explained why. There were too many missing explanations going on and Da Qing being a curious person, was getting annoyed about having to dig up all the answers himself. There was only one thing that stopped him from any searching in this place, well it was a name really, Shen Wei. The thought of losing his memory and everything else that he had found out was enough to stop him from digging in here.