Part 21

Lin Jing had arrived at the hospital by ambulance and because of all the events surrounding Yunlan that afternoon, he never realised that he had no transport to take him back to the office, so he was relieved and grateful when he saw Bo waiting for him, flashing the car lights to attract his attention.

"Back to the office please, I'm really tired and I have a report to fill in about Yunlan's accident, not sure what to write."

Bo watched him in the rear view mirror as he drove away from the hospital entrance.

"Yes... it was a bad accident... not really the chief's fault.. the car came at him too fast... speeding in a shopping area... it's lucky no one else was hurt... still a broken leg takes time to heal... My Lord will be looking after him for a while until he's well enough to return to work and has suggested that I assist you temporarily."

"Yunlan never told me your name."

"Call me Bo, my employer is the same one who sent Guo Ying to work in your office, sadly he wasn't with us for very long."

The tiredness seemed to leave Lin Jing almost immediately when he realised that Bo was also a guard put in place to protect Yunlan, obviously there was a lot more going on than he would ever know.

"Ask me questions Lin Jing and if I can, I'll tell you, My Lord trusts you and he's usually right in his assessments of people."

The car arrived at the office building and Bo drove down to the underground car park to deliver Lin Jing who really did look exhausted but he knew that the rest of the staff would be waiting for an explanation of Yunlan's accident, so he thanked Bo and headed for the lift to go up. As soon as he entered, he was hit by a barrage of questions wanting to know the details, how it happened, how was Yunlan, what hospital was he in, would they be allowed to see him and Lin Jing threw his arms up in the air and shouted at them all to stop, and he had silence, no one had ever heard him raise his voice and shout.

"Yunlan was hit by a car speeding in a shopping area, luckily no one else was hurt, they never stopped and he was taken to a private hospital where they are treating him for a broken leg. Anything else?... No. Good. You'll find me in Yunlan's office temporarily, catching up on paper work. Could someone bring me a cup of sweet coffee please, Thank you."

Lin Jing mentally thanked Bo and strode through the main office straight to Yunlan's smaller one and hoped that his story was believable, he really only wanted to do paper work, drink his coffee and go home, it had been a very stressful day.

Gelan had tried to calm herself after the ward returned to normal and was listening to the taped sound of raindrops while drinking some camomile tea. This was her kind of therapy which usually worked, an hour of this and she would be back to normal and the other gifted nurses knew not to disturb her unless it was an emergency involving the two patients being guarded by the 'obviously not looking like doctor guards.' They were still dressed in black and hadn't had time to change their appearance and one of them was positioned in Yunlan's room, sitting in the same chair as Lin Jing had been all afternoon, quietly watching for anything that could be a threat to either of his two patients.