like i'm in high school again

stasia

stasia

  this morning was different; not by much though! i brought my own coffee, nick didn't come and start a conversation with i nor claira early in the morning; he did enter the trailer with his 'honey, i'm home' though. otherwise, the morning carried on. i got everyones makeup done and their outfits ready for them to change into and they were ready for their next stage of the day.

  i made my way to the costume designing department and spent a few hours over there. i was deep into some measurements when i got a text from claira.

claira:
someone is looking for you ;)

i text back, "who??"

she left me hanging for a while but i knew it wouldn't be long until she would reply. just then, a ringing sound fills the area.

claira:
i sent him your way

him. matthew? the last person i expected to walk through that door was nick. "there you are." he says with a smile. "hey, what's up?" i say and take the tape measure off of my neck and set it on the desk in front of me. "hard at work? seems like all you are is busy." he says with a laugh. "yeah, taylors suit for the interview you guys have as 'damage control' is lacking in length so... blame him." i say.

"well, if i knew how to do what you were doing then i'd offer to help but... im helpless." he says. "no, no! please, i find this sort of decompressing... as long as it doesn't come back 'lacking' for the third time," i say and he nods. "then it will stay a decompressing thing. anyways, not to be too blunt or anything but did you come here for a specific reason or..." i say and he stands back up straight.

"i'm sorry! i came here to uh, well. when we are in the trailer with everyone else i feel like it's not- proper enough? to ask if i can get to know you a bit better?" he says and my face goes red and i start to twirl the red pen i had in my hand in between my fingers. "uh- oh, yeah. i understand-" i start. "i don't want to make you uncomfortable or anything, is this not the right time to ask? oh gosh... you have someone at home, huh?" nick panics. "no i don't, oh god," i say and we laugh. "and nobody else is here so it's up to you but there is a seat right there. i've got some spare time." i say with a shrug.

"i'd love to occupy any time you'd spare me." he says and leans towards me a little with a small smile. once he sits down on the stool across from me while i trim the material for taylors suit, he texts someone.

"i texted claira that i found you." he says. i set the material and scissors down and sit down on the stool so we are now both face to face with each other. nick grabs my hand and laughs a little, "bear with me, im not used to this." he says; his hands are ice cold. "me neither, i feel like im in high school again." i say and we laugh.

after we talk for a bit, we got into asking each other some questions. it was nothing super intense or anything, i found out his birthday is september twenty-ninth, he was in "the craft: legacy" which "the craft" was a huge part of my childhood so that left me shocked for a minute. he also worked alongside luke perry almost ten years ago in another movie which is insane.