dinner with a side of revenge

nick

nick

  i had just gotten out of the shower, towel wrapped around my waist, as i walk out to the living area of the apartment. stasia was sitting at the dining table with her makeup set out all around her. i walk next to her and kiss the top of her head to avoid messing up her progress as her hair wasn't done yet. "you're still in your towel?" she says as she looks up at me. "sorry, i'll go change." i say with a laugh.

  "no, you're fine, i was just asking." she says and goes back to tapping some powder under her eyes. i watch her through the mirror and i catch her eye. "whaaat?" she looks away with a smile. "whoever gets to see you tonight is one lucky guy, i'm jealous." i joke.

  "yep, my boyfriend wouldn't like some strange man standing next to me in a towel while he flirts." she says with a smile. "send him my apologies." she sets the powder and the brush in her other hand down and leans over to kiss my waist. "my apologies... i'll send him away asap." she whispers. "you heard me mister." she says and points an eyebrow upwards. i try to shake the redness from my face before i walk away, i stall for a second and eventually, i do.

  "okay fine, i'll go get ready." i say and kiss the top of her head again. once i get to my room, i pick out a black dress shirt with black dress pants. i had no plans to go anywhere fancy while i was here in louisiana but for some reason something told me to bring at least a few items of fancy clothing.

  once i got dressed, i did my hair and now it was time to wait for stasia to finish. she was in the bathroom doing her hair now and i checked my phone for anything to keep myself occupied. that's when i seen an email come through.

'The Idea Of You' audition tape inbox

me Sep 28
   Hello Nicholas Galitzine, I am getting in touch with you
  in regards of your audition tape as the role of "Hayes
  Campbell" for the upcoming movie The Idea Of You.
  Everything was received well and the production team
  and lead directors loved you.
  We would love to have you in for an in-person meeting
  within the next few weeks if convenient to your schedule.
  I will speak to your manager if needed but I wanted to
  relay this message to you here first.
  Hope all is well and that we hear back from you!

•••

  holy crap. that was all i could say. how would i tell stasia? what was she going to think? i have no clue where filming was going to take place or when exactly because last time i heard, it was soon. for now, all i knew was that i wasn't going to tell her tonight and i was going to reply to that email in the morning.

  i scroll through instagram for a bit until i heard the bathroom light switch and the door open. "just gotta get my shoes and i'll be ready. kaia said she was ready so i have to hurry." stasia says, rushing around the room.